Thread: setup of cooler

Default setup of cooler

Hi
    I Have a profilux 3 ex and want my cooler to start at 26 degree and stop at 24 degree via my power bar. I have tried several settings for hysteresis and cooling difference without any succes.
    anybody who can assist.
    Claus

Hello,
    don't forget to assign the function Temperature 1/ Chiller to the corresponding socket under System/Socket functions.
    The way how to make the settings regarding hysteresis, nominal value, cooling difference is described in detail in our manual - please have a look there.

Hi carolin
    I don't put a question here before i have read the manual that was included with the controller and all i can find on the forum.
    still i don't get it.
    i have set the assignment you mention.
    if we say i have a setpoint of 25 degree.
    and i set hysteressis to 2 degrees (this is max possible to set) then the cooler starts at 26 and stops at 25. correct ?? ( i have tested it also)
    if i add cooling diff 1 degree then the cooler just starts at a higher setpoint and cool down 1 degree. correct??
    i can't figure out how to get 2 degree difference from start to stop.e.g start 26 degree and stop 24 degree. ??
    I can do it in logic programming but shouldn't it be possible from the temperature function.
    claus

All correct.

The hysteresis (which includes both control points - heating and cooling) has a maximum of 2°C, therefore the maximum diff. of switching the chiller is 1°C.

Nobody ever asked in the last 10 years for a larger range ... so may I ask why you want to do this?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

at the moment my cooler is standing in my living room and make a lot of noise. So in order to minimize the number of starts during the time i'm in the living room i wanted to to have a larger time span between starts.thank you at last i got a usefull answer. i will just make it in the logic ( 2 ANDS + a virtual sensor).
    Claus

but this won`t reduce the noise in sum

the chiller will start later, but on the other hand it will run longer
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thx Matthias
    sorry for my late follow up i have been on a trip to dubai.
    I know the sum will be the same. but with my lightning and other heat developers and a diff of 2 degree ( here in summer time) my cooler will be finished the first run before we are home from work and then the next run will be late in the evening. I was just asking if it was possible now i know it isn't, so i will proceed with the logic programming for this.