Thread: Issues with remote access/display/email notifications

Default Issues with remote access/display/email notifications

Hey guys,
    I have just done my firmware updates today (5.0.9 and 5.0.9.1 respectively)on my P3 unit and expansion pack (V1.05). Everything seems to be working fine. I just got the P3 unit a few days ago and have had a lot of questions answered by reading the forum, however, I don't seem to see the answers to a couple of questions that I have.

Question 1: Remote access...
    I can log into my profiluxcontrol software remotely... but the web access is painfully slow, and pretty much renders any control portion of the remote log in useless. I have a strong internet connection so I don't know what could be the cause of this?

When I click on "console", nothing comes up. (it came up once for a minute), but now all I see is empty boxes. I have tried from 3 different computers to log in and the same thing happens. Tried safari, and chrome as well. Sometimes the log in opens the software, other times (except from my mac) it opens the wireless bridge. (sorry, i am kind of a computer dummy...). Basically, I am looking for help to make this function useable is this feature was one of the main reasons I upgraded to the P3 from the Apex system I was using. (screen shot attached below)

Question 2:
    I have been able to name my "illumination" in the profiluxcontrol, but in the profilux display, the "illumination" has not changed. It shows up in the remote access with the new name I have given it, but not on the actual profilux screen... Is there a way to do this?

Question 3:
    For the life of me, I can't get the profilux email notification test to send me anything...
    I have tried many different things and cant seem to figure this out. Is there a very clear instruction (and simple for computer dummies like me)? I will keep reading and try to figure this out but in the meantime, any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Also, are reminders a "trigger" that can be used to send an automated email?
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Jason

Screen shot 2011-06-11 at 11.44.06 PM.jpg

Tagging along. Same questions you have...