Thread: WLAN on Profilux 2 Plus, configured correctly(?) But not able to login!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WLAN on Profilux 2 Plus, configured correctly(?) But not able to login!

Hello,

For my Paludarium, I use an Profilux Plus II to control all climate and light settings. I am still very pleased with this computer!
    Last week I ordered the Profilux Wlan card to expand my computer and installed and configured as described in the tutorial and this movie I found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAqi-tszty8

To be specifiek:
    I installed the wlan card in my profilux
    I updated the firmware from the profilux to 5.08a (Ger + Eng)
    I installed ProfiluxControl 5.09

So, I had the most recent software on the profilux as on my pc. Now I configured it according the tutorial LAN and WLAN, and however this al went flawlessly, I am not able to login via de profilux control!

This is what I did specifiek (see also the pictures)

- I logged in via the RS232/USB connection, by system I selected configuration Wlan.
    - Here I gave a static IP (192.168.0.125) and the correct SSID signature.

- In the mean time I turned off the security of my Dlink router and reserved the IP
    address for the Profilux.

- Via Internet Explorer I Logged in on 192.168.0.125 and came in the Lantronix WiPort
    Device center.
    - At the Wlan section I filled in the SSID, the channel, the type of security and the
    passwords.
    - I saved and applied the settings.
    - I restored the security on my router
    - Now I am again able to login to Lantronix webpage (192.160.0.125) so I assume all
    security settings are correct?

So, now it should work.
    Right?

Not!!

After configuring, I have acces via the internet explorer to the Profilux computer so the settings are correct (?), but not via the Profilux Control. It gives me the same error everytime. “Communication Error, error code 28”!

But I have no idea why. I tried the procedure several times. I have rebooted the computer and the router. Even set them back to manufacturing defaults. It didn’t impress the profilux.
    While configurating, I get zero errors, but it just won’t work.
    I searched the forum intensively but did not found any solution for my problem. But I don’t even know what my problem is!

Could use some help please!

Any suggestion anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

detached from the WLAN configuration:

You've set the ProfiLux address in PLC to 4. Normally the ProfiLux have address 1. Perhaps this is the Problem...

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response.
    But I am pretty sure this is not the problem. Because I started at the normal adress 1. When this address didn't respond, I tried the other adresses as wel. So from 1 to 4. As well in the profilux as in the profilux control of course.

Not one of the addresses responded.

Now the Profilux is back to address 1. without any result, unfortunately

Other suggestions?

Hi there,

I am still not able to login to my Profilux via the Wlan connection. In the mean time I tried some other options. I tried to forward port 10001 to the profilux.
    but this had no result. I also tried to set some others ports. Without any results.

When I ping the assigned IP adres (192.168.0.125) it respond perfectly. So it is there, it's working It even respond. But when te Profilux Control tries to logon it isn't there.

Was goes wrong here?

Some help please! Frank??

kind regards,

Julian

Did you try an unencrypted connection with PLC to the ProfiLux first? Does this work?

Yes I tried that. I goes exactly the same. I can set all the settings, without receiving any error. I am also able to logon with the internet explorer.
    So the Wlan card is there and response to the internet explorer.

However it does not respond when the Profilux control tries to logon.
    I want to try another router to exclude that option.

Can it be possible that the Wlan card is not functioning properly?

kind regards,

Julian