Thread: Temp. probe questions

Default Temp. probe questions

I have a new Profilux system that I am just starting to integrate into my 350 mixed reef system. So far the only two dynamics that I have operating on/through the Profilux is a Profilux doser and the temp probe. The Profilux doser is working very well. The Profilux temp. probe is where I have some questions. My current system, less the new Profilux, has a different temp controller, I also utilize a floating thermometer in sump and the chiller registers temp. Those three components existing are +/- .02F from eachother. The Profilux is reading 1.3 or 1.4 F warmer than the existing components. Could it be that I am not properly setting up, calibrating or not handling the "extension" dynamics of programming the temp probe? I have run through the programming of the temp probe four times complete. I wait for the extension dynamic as requested and then it requests "return" and we move forward to calibrate ...........
    The variance is problematic because at the "heat" of a given day, the Profilux will be wanting to chill the water or turn on fans while currently this reef system is not requiring that action.

Thank you in advance for your ideas and solutions for me.

Greg

Generally you don't have to calibrate the temp probe, this is already done in the factory.
    The temp measurement of the ProfiLux is very accurate, if there are deviations compared to other measurement devices and
    you want to rely more on those, then you can adjust the temp measurement of Profilux in the software.
    Before you adjust it, of course you first have to consider if you use an extension cable for temperature and to set this accordingly in the software.

In case you should have made too many settings and calibrations for temp, you can always get back to the original state
    if you calibrate the temp probe on the Profilux itself (not in ProfiLux Control). This will bring back the factory calibration.
    GHL Store
    www.ghl-store.com

Can you please help me understand how to adjust the temp measurement of the Profilux in the software as you state above? I can't find this in the manual?
    Thanks!

In PLC you can find the button "Adjust temperature..." in the temperature settings. After clickin onto it,
    a new box is opened where you can fill in a figure to adjust it. Then you have to save it.
    You will also find this menu point in the temp settings in the menu on the ProfiLux itself.

Thank you. I can find nothing in my manual or in scrolling through the Profilux that indicates "PLC" where you indicate I can then find and make "adjust temperature"?
    In addition, I have returned to factory settings and now am having trouble understanding how to get the controller back to english? Thank you

PLC means ProfiLuxControl, the PC software to set up the profilux computers

Thank you. So I must link the Profilux and a PC or other computer and make the temperature adjustment in this manner? Is there an "adjust temperature" menu point in Temperature on the Profilux? Thank you.

So I must link the Profilux and a PC or other computer and make the temperature adjustment in this manner?
    It´s the easiest way, yes.

Is there an "adjust temperature" menu point in Temperature on the Profilux?
    Not as I know. Normally it´s not neccessary to do so. In general setting up a Profilux via Menu is only for the real hard ones (I would call them masochists) ... I prefer PC connection.

One additional comment before you adjust temperature: The Profilux temperature measurement unit normally is very accurate, so there is normally no need for adjustment. The used temperature sensor is very stable and reliable. I would check again, if your other measurement equipment does met the same high standards. Maybe the other units are adjusted one to another and have all the same deviation from real life. As easier adjustment is, the more you should see that as a cause for distrust.
    Last edited by Wirus; 12.06.2011 at 15:31.