Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New web interface for ProfiLux 3 coming soon!

Difference here is Apple do not have a company open forum for you go and hound them on when they do miss something, they just dont tell you or give you an outlet to moan about it At least we have an open and willing manufacturer here that does not hide behind corporate doors. Huge respect for that.

Yes its great to have the whole world so engaged with profilux, this is the best thing about the product, I just ask, please guys lets keep the tone friendly. If you really are chomping at the bit for this to be launched then I am sure you would rather have something relaible. So how about if GHL make the deliverable date "within the next 6 months providing their are no further advancements that need to be added" coinciding with other important developments.

I know all too well as the USA distributor about the other brands I also know we are getting a huge influx right now from brand jumpers over to ProfiLux, so GHL are doing something right thats for sure. The web interface is a very tiny client requested part in the brand of ProfiLux when you look at the whole userbase of wishes, it is also a very niche club of users that we see wanting it. Hardware and amazing software based functionality are the key words here, we get easily 10 to 1 more requests emailed to us than for any walk about web app. That does not mean GHL will not produce probably the best application out there for its industry sector but they have to balance it with many other important prrojects.

I for one am more interested in a new piece of hardware GHL are developing rather than an App I can see my tank on when not at home. When I walk out the door I like to leave my house hold bobbies at home, when my tank wobbled it was profiLux control software that saved the day as you can control everything through it, I was 3500 miles away at the time. I guess I have never really got to grips with the need to carry my fish tank in my pocket. Hard ware is far more imprtant to my system than a funky piece of phoneware

Can you still make phone calls on cell phones these days? Or did they remove that option and replace it with the latest gaming app?
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 24.07.2011 at 13:04. Reason: learning how to spell

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

So buy a other system and stop pushing GHL..... it will take as long as it takes to design the new webinterface. Nothing you will write here will speed up this process.

And if you look closer to Apple, you will see that they also from time to time do not honour the things they say they will do, and or release a product which has some serious problems.

Quote Originally Posted by richard.mayo View Post
    Matthias
    i would be a little more open with them considering there is more and more choice everyday for Aquarium Computers...

Why say this at the start if you are now saying you cant give any date at all..... Do you not have deadlines for these types of projects??!?!
    If anyone tells me "I believe we can ...." then this is for me an estimation, not a fixed date. And you are long enought with GHL to know that this kind of deadlines normally are ... let´s say "very optimistic".

The comparison to a big company like Apple must fail due this companies have hundreds of engineers working on a project and only on that project. And they want to earn money with it. So a deadline is a must. Against that, GHL is a small company in a niche market with limited resources. And the updates are free of charge, so I can understand, that if there is a big workload with other things the development of new features have to wait. And at last: Testing takes time. The lives of our pets are hooked to the correct function of the Profilux. Do you really want a computer that have cool new functions, but sometimes it hangs and has to be rebooted?

I cannot understand why so much people are making such an effort about new interface, not knowing if it´s better than the old one or if it´s buggy or not. It´s the same with all software features before: First there is an announcement, then there is the big cry why it´s not released yet. And if it´s released, same people tell us how disappointed they are due the new interface does not fulfill exactly their thoughts. And the cycle starts again ....

For me the PL does fit my needs "as is" and if there is something new, I will take it as "nice to have" and an additional gift I´ve not expected the moment I got my PL.

So I only can say: Thank you GHL for developing permanently new features, even if it takes sometimes longer than expected.

I got many PMs today from people askingme why I don't close this thread!

It is closed now, we reopen it as soon as we have reliable, new and useful information for you.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.