Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wishlist for ProfiLux Touch

Hi Jason,

currently the ProfiLux and Mitras are not connected but GHL are releasing at some point the breakout box for this so these sorts of things I guess will come with it.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Hello GHL!

From my point of view, the PL Touch is pretty useless as it is now. A brilliant idea, a glamorous look, but almost no functionality at all! In other words, on one hand, if one intends to impress his/her non-technical friends, PT is a wonderful device. On the other hand, if one wants to really take advantage of what a big colour touchscreen could offer, PT is a huge disapointment with its cluttered, frozen and uselessly repetitive screen design.

1. the possibility to change the labels of the various buttons is a must -- as a matter of fact, missing just this feature would render an otherwise perfect device (which unfortunately neither PT, nor PL3 are!) completely unpractical;
    2. the possibility to change the buttons themselves -- not only their look, but also their assigned function -- was something I was expecting from a control touchscreen from the very beginning;
    3. the possibility to programatically make buttons visible/invisible/dimmed in accordance to the momentary state of the aquatic system and the users' preferences;
    4. the possibility to place the buttons in the desired area of the screen (even if just only on an invisible grid) would add lots of logic and order in using the device;
    5. the possibility to reset an alarm (if triggered, of course) right from the main screen would avoid lots of touch-and-wait cycles under the pressure of the alarm beeps;
    6. automatic increase of the backlighting immediately after the first touch and for 10-15 seconds after the last one would be another useful feature, mainly during the night;
    7. the possibility to upload a small personal image to be used as background would certainly be attractive for many users (not for me, as I hate background images on my screens, but who knows...)

I don't usually contribute to such "wish-lists", as I observed in time they are in most of cases just a way to make users believe their opinion matters. It seems the guys and gals at GHL are strongly different (they are Germans after all!), hence my $0.02 in this thread. I hope they're well spent

T.

+1

And don't forget the ability to set the range on the Y-axe from the graph's, a temperature pre set range from 0 - 40 degrees is not useful at all, my aquarium is always around 25,26 degrees. Same goes for the pH, and salinity.

If they want GHL can really make the Touch rock, but at this time it is not much more than an infant with little ability's

Quote Originally Posted by leontet View Post
    Hello GHL!

From my point of view, the PL Touch is pretty useless as it is now. A brilliant idea, a glamorous look, but almost no functionality at all! In other words, on one hand, if one intends to impress his/her non-technical friends, PT is a wonderful device. On the other hand, if one wants to really take advantage of what a big colour touchscreen could offer, PT is a huge disapointment with its cluttered, frozen and uselessly repetitive screen design.

1. the possibility to change the labels of the various buttons is a must -- as a matter of fact, missing just this feature would render an otherwise perfect device (which unfortunately neither PT, nor PL3 are!) completely unpractical;
    2. the possibility to change the buttons themselves -- not only their look, but also their assigned function -- was something I was expecting from a control touchscreen from the very beginning;
    3. the possibility to programatically make buttons visible/invisible/dimmed in accordance to the momentary state of the aquatic system and the users' preferences;
    4. the possibility to place the buttons in the desired area of the screen (even if just only on an invisible grid) would add lots of logic and order in using the device;
    5. the possibility to reset an alarm (if triggered, of course) right from the main screen would avoid lots of touch-and-wait cycles under the pressure of the alarm beeps;
    6. automatic increase of the backlighting immediately after the first touch and for 10-15 seconds after the last one would be another useful feature, mainly during the night;
    7. the possibility to upload a small personal image to be used as background would certainly be attractive for many users (not for me, as I hate background images on my screens, but who knows...)

I don't usually contribute to such "wish-lists", as I observed in time they are in most of cases just a way to make users believe their opinion matters. It seems the guys and gals at GHL are strongly different (they are Germans after all!), hence my $0.02 in this thread. I hope they're well spent

T.

Is there any news on a update for the touch, iv had it over 1 year and its a very expensive item to turn on feed pause at the moment, that's about all it does.

Gazz

Sorry to disagree, there is much more to the Touch than just that!!
    The only thing missing though (mentioned many times before) is the ability to have labels attached to the Power and Light buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Is there any news on a update for the touch, iv had it over 1 year and its a very expensive item to turn on feed pause at the moment, that's about all it does.

Gazz

Some new functionality/firmware update for the Touch would be nice, has been more than a year.
    I bought the Touch on the "promise" that more functionality would be made available in the near future.
    In this threat there are a lot of suggestions/wishes for new functionality.
    But it seems that there is no further development any more. Perhaps the free GHL-App "killed" the development of the Touch.
    It is a pity, because it still has a lot of potential, and I think that sales would go up it the Touch had more functionality.

I think we close this thread now.
    This thread was thought to collect some new ideas for the Touch for future firmware versions, it was not created to start a general a debate about use and sense of it.
    And even worse - obviously this thread was seen as "promises" and now we are told that the Touch has been bought on "promises" - although this here is clearly titled as "wish-list"

The Touch does exactly what it has to do according to the feature list mentioned on our web page:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...lux_touch.html

Most users are happy with the functionality as it is, however there are always users who would like to see more for their money.

And the app did not "kill" devlopment of Touch or any other product.

So to avoid more confusion and disappointment we close this thread, I think we have enough ideas for future upgrades.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post

Gazz
    although the thread is closed I can't leave this uncommented

if you really use only the feedpause button on the Touch you might check out what else the Touch is able to do

e.g.:
    - display measurement graph
    - manual override of sockets and light
    - start maintenance, thunderstorm, waterchange
    - remote control of ProfiLux
    - display current values and states
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.