Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Eheim 3e external filters

Default 2 Eheim 3e external filters

Hello,

Is it possible to control 2 Eheim 3e filters? The GHL Eheim controller has a loop through on the RS232 port and that means you can connect 2 controllers in order to control 2 filters?
    I am planning a new setup and I want to use GHL products and this is one of the questions I did not find any answer for.

Thanks,
    Dragos

Is it possible to control 2 Eheim 3e filters?
    No, it´s impossible. [state at the moment with FW1.3]

And an extension module to have 2 serial ports RS232 is not available. In this case I will have to control only 1 filter and the other one is going to be independent. Maybe GHL should think to have an extension module for a second serial port.

Thanks for the answer,
    Dragos

Maybe I was wrong, I was checking again the website and I found an extesion module for another RS232 - GHL PLM-RS232 PL-0601. I think that with this I can have another RS232 port, that means I can control 2 Eheim external filters. Is it wright or not?

Thanks,
    Dragos

Is it wright or not?
    As said: It´s impossible at the moment (said in another thread in german part of the forum) - it´s not a matter of serial ports but of the PL firmware

Ok, that means that in the future you can update the firmware in order to deal with 2 RS232 ports? I already bought 2 Eheim controllers and 1 PLM-RS232 and if it is going to be possible in the future all I have to do is wait

Thanks for the support,
    Dragos

hat means that in the future you can update the firmware
    There was no real statement about that it´s planed to do so or not.

Ok, that means that is not possible and that's it. And you don't know if you are going to update the firmware in the future.
    Ok, thanks again for the answers, even if this is not helping me.

Dragos

Ok, that means that is not possible and that's it.
    It means that it´s not possible at the moment. I´m not GHL staff, only an user as you, so I don´t know what´s planned for the future.
    All I´ve told you is the actual status and some comments from another threat.

I forgot to say: There was said that the problem is the firmware of the Eheim filter

It is not possible to control 2 EHEIM filters independently with one ProfiLux

At the moment we don't have concrete plans to change this.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.