Thread: 2 Eheim 3e external filters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 Eheim 3e external filters

Hello,

Is it possible to control 2 Eheim 3e filters? The GHL Eheim controller has a loop through on the RS232 port and that means you can connect 2 controllers in order to control 2 filters?
    I am planning a new setup and I want to use GHL products and this is one of the questions I did not find any answer for.

Thanks,
    Dragos

Is it possible to control 2 Eheim 3e filters?
    No, it´s impossible. [state at the moment with FW1.3]

And an extension module to have 2 serial ports RS232 is not available. In this case I will have to control only 1 filter and the other one is going to be independent. Maybe GHL should think to have an extension module for a second serial port.

Thanks for the answer,
    Dragos

Maybe I was wrong, I was checking again the website and I found an extesion module for another RS232 - GHL PLM-RS232 PL-0601. I think that with this I can have another RS232 port, that means I can control 2 Eheim external filters. Is it wright or not?

Thanks,
    Dragos

Is it wright or not?
    As said: It´s impossible at the moment (said in another thread in german part of the forum) - it´s not a matter of serial ports but of the PL firmware

Ok, that means that in the future you can update the firmware in order to deal with 2 RS232 ports? I already bought 2 Eheim controllers and 1 PLM-RS232 and if it is going to be possible in the future all I have to do is wait

Thanks for the support,
    Dragos