Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PIII Communications Errors

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    My lan connection is also not as stable on this version compared to the last one I had (i cant remember where I was but I skipped a few)
    Interesting, I had a PIIeX for a long time (2 years) with V4.x through to 5.x with only the serial connection - I have only had the PIII for a few months so ave only every used 5.06 >> 5.08

The PII with the external Lantronix Xport card was rock solid compared to the intergraded LAN module in the P3.

The PII with the external Lantronix Xport card was rock solid compared to the intergraded LAN module in the P3.
    I disagree.
    All our test P3 here have also a "rock solid" LAN connection and we have customers which told us that the connection over P3-built-in port is more stable than the PLM-LAN conection!
    It seems it depends on the environment which connection of both is more stable.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That's hard to believe looking at all the message on this forum and reefcental... Everyone that I talk to has those problem and they are ongoing.

Hi Matthias, how should I procede, the LAN connection I have with my PIII is poor - it is only suitable for Profilux to send email alerts, it is no use for configuring as it disconnects too quickly - this can be worked around by using USB but when the new WebServer interface ships I guess it will be a problem and by end of June my PIII will be out of warranty....advice please? Regards, Andy
    Last edited by Andyos; 23.05.2011 at 11:56. Reason: Spelling!

Well for me the lan connection is 'ok' , but its is certainly not 'never-auto-disconnects-stable'

Matthias are you using a wifi connection to connect to your test profiluxes ??

I can't be sure but but I assume alot of home users will use their P3 via wifi , and most probable the profilux will not be used in labo conditions ( wifi router 1 meter away or something )
    But here there are alot of wifi devices, the wifi router in the staircase closet , dec phone , babyphone, etc...

That being said the rest of my wifi devices are very stable , only the connection to the P3 is sometimes lacking.

Hi Matthias, can you suggest how to procede - do I need to get the unit back under warranty? Thanks, Andy

Ok, so I have updated both Profilux Control and Firmware to 5.09 and the connection is rock solid via LAN - it's been connected without dropping for two days now. I upgraded the Profilux Control first and this made no difference - LAN still dropped so for me it must be something in 5.09 FW.....

hemoi Gast

Hi,
    I am also running PLC 5.0.9.1 with firmware 5.09.
    setup:
    Profilux PIIIex Controller is connected via LAN (cat 6 cable) to wireless Lan router .
    All Laptops(x3) run windows 7 ultimate, connected via both Lan and wireless.

Communications between PLC and P3ex is stable over LAN.
    However when laptop(s) are on wireless, connection drops (unusable). I recieve "communications error 50". I don't have problems with comms to any other devices from laptops on wireless.

Hope this can help strengthen the case that there is an issue with comms on wireless !!

-Hem

Matthias,

Im sorry but I completely argue with the statement that the LAN is rock solid on the P3.

I had 5 lots of com 50 errors yesterday when calibrating my expansion box probes.
    This was done wirelessly for the first two probes, with 2 errors.
    The next probe experienced 3 disconnects and it was done with a cable.

This was all done using the remote control function within plc 5.09.(1?) with 5.09 on the p3ex.

I have regular issues if I change pump settings with a comma 50 error.

None of happened on the p2ex

I get the same experience from my laptop (wireless to LAN) or my server (cabled).

Given the number of communications 50 errors reported, I don't see how you can claim that it's rock solid.
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 30.07.2011 at 09:51.