Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PIII Communications Errors

Default PIII Communications Errors

Hi, I'm experiencing communications errors with my PIIIex when connecting via LAN and Serial. Below is a screenshot of the communications monitor

Profilux_Connection_Errors.PNG

I have upgraded to the latest fw & sw and have tested on different Windows 7 based laptops. I have swappe the Profilux's LAN cable and this has made no difference. From the screenshot there are a number of failed transmissions but there are no TX/RX packets lost on my wireless connection. Any help please? Andy

Some further testing this morning with a crossover LAN cable still shows failed transmissions (20 in 857) before a Communications Error! Error code 50. Does this indicate a hardware problem with the Profilux itself? Regards, Andy

What about the USB connection - is it working well?

Could you post you connection settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    What about the USB connection - is it working well?

Could you post you connection settings?
    Hi Frank, yes, USB works fine - no disconnects.

Connection settings are attached. Regards, Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anybody? If it is hardware related, I need to get this back whilst it's under warranty! Regards, Andy

The connection settigs seems ok.

Is there an other service (Reef Status, ...) accessing the ProfiLux?
    Is your network configured correctly and is working well? (DHCP don't use the ProfiLux IP-Range, ...)
    Which firmware/software version is reported by PLC?

A hardware defect is maybe also possible.

Hi Frank,

No other software accesses the Profilux. The Network is working well, DHCP scope starts at 192.168.0.50 and static IP's are allocated lower (including Profilux). I can reporoduce this connection issue using a crossover cable from the laptop(s) directly to the Profilux. Firmware is 5.08 and PLC is 5.0.8.0 Regards, Andy

Do you have another PC to check the connection? Just to find out if we have to search on the PC or P3 side.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, done that with three different laptops. All were Windows 7, one was a clean 5.0.8 install, one upgraded from 5.0.7 (which did the same) and the other has been upgraded over the year with 5.0.x's. Regards, Andy

My lan connection is also not as stable on this version compared to the last one I had (i cant remember where I was but I skipped a few)