Thread: Tweaking dimming / clouds with Meanwell ELN-60-48P + LED Control 4 Passive

Default Tweaking dimming / clouds with Meanwell ELN-60-48P + LED Control 4 Passive

I managed to get these two devices talking nicely to each other, have full support of flashes etc but I have one nagging thing I would like some help with.

The duty cycle of this driver starts at about 15% which is a little high.

My normal ramp cycle allows the lights to dim up and down no problem, however a weird quirk happens when clouds are introduced.

Here is how I have the configuraion:

- L1L2 - Min Voltage set to 2.5V which correlates with approximately 16% PWM output (the minimum starting brightness for the driver, makes for a smoother dimming curve)
    - Clouds: Probability 100%, Max Darkening 80%

When clouds occur, if the PWM output is close to its lower end the clouds will drop the PWM output below the 16% and the driver will turn off its output.

Did I miss something on my configuration? If a raise the U. Min will this prevent this from happening? Or will the clouds always override this setting?

Alternately, is there any way currently (or planned) to limit the range of dimming during a simulation to a specific illumination channel?

This isnt a huge concern, but would be nice to smooth out the simulation options. Under higher brightness this does not occur, I just like having darker clouds

the min volt. setting is used for the calculation of the output volt., this includes the calculation during clouds

increase min u
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Great, thank you! I'll have to experiment in increments to find the best Min voltage, I will post my results once I find the sweet spot.

Turns out that I need to have the Min u set to 3 Volts to prevent the accidentall cutting out of the drivers. Thanks for the help!

G.