Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POWERBAR6D-PAB not recognized

We were able to solve yesterday a similar case - the problem was that inside the ProfiLux the connection cable between main board and PAB-board became lose - could you open the ProfiLux and check if the cable is plugged in correctly?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I will be away for a few days but will try on my return.

Default PowerBoard PAB Resolved but actual current displayed seems too low.

The problem I was experiencing has been resolved. The Powerboard and PAB cable was fine and the problem was the Profilux itself. My local dealer had a another unit available which recognized the powerboard immediately! There may have been a loose cable internally as suggested but I swapped over the unit rather than opening up the Profilux.
    The current is now displayed for the sockets but the current reads as 0 for several attached devices - even though they are working without problems. It seems that the actual current is less than 0.1 A for the heater and Eheim filter and only 0.2 A for the substrate heater and 0.1 A for the UV filter - this appears unlikely. It could be that 0.1A is the minimum current that is registered and the Eheim etc draws less than 100 ma but this seems too low. Any suggestions -are there any settings to change the sensitivity of the Powerboard?

the minimum resolution for the current measurement is 0.1 A it can't be changed.

you can double check with a Current meter.
    0.1 A at a voltage of 220 V is 22W ( with AC current => Assuming a (cosphi of 1, 100% resistive load )

Default Similar problem

I also am having a problem setting up a powerbar. I have a P3 with 2 expansion boxes and 1 powerbar already on the system and functional. I am trying to add another digital powerbar to the exp box that did not have a powerbar but when I go to assign devices, the serial number is not there, just the existing exp. boxes and powerbar. However, if I go to configure devices, the serial number is there but instead of PB at the beginning it is ???. If I highlight it in this menu and press enter, it exits the menu immediately. I have tried with 3 different powerbars and same story for each.

Hi
    there are 2 types of PAB-powerbars. One type is not recognized by ProfiLux if the firmware is too old. Please update the ProfiLux firmware.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Are there step by step instructions available for doing this? The only instructions I can find are for Profilux II

I think you are talking about the instructions how to recover the firmware if the update fails - this is not what you need

You can update the firmware with ProfiLuxControl. Just download the newest firmware file from our download site, then execute "File->Firmware update ProfiLux" and follow the instuctions.