Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POWERBAR6D-PAB not recognized

Default POWERBAR6D-PAB not recognized

I have recently upgraded my digital powerbar to the Powerbar6D-PAB.
    Profilux 3ex with 5.07 fw and 5.07.1 software. Al thought he digital powerbar worked with no problems I ahve had no succes with the powerbar6D-PAB. No matter what I do the profilux is unable to communicate with the PAB. I am using the correct cable and PAB connection but when I try to assign the powerbar "No devices found" I have powered the profilux and powerbar on and off to reset and even loaded the default factory settings. I have tried different cables. Perhaps the fw of the powerbar is outdated but how can I upgrade the formware if the device is not recognized. I did try to go back to an earlier frimware (5.04) on the profilux but to no avail.
    My aquarium now has no pumps, heater etc so any help would be much appreciated.

the last customer with this issue plugged the PAB cable into the LAN socket - you plugged it into the PAB sockets on the P3 side?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes ... I tried both PAB sockets 15 and 16.

So you excluded that there is a cable break by testing with several PAB-cables?
    The Powerbar-PAB is always supplied with power?
    Have you also made a PAB system reset and tried again?
    Please also have a look here: http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...n_PAB_V500.pdf

I tried to upgrade the ExBox and Powerbar-PAB firmware and both failed. Now there's absolutely no communication between P3 and both devices. Tried everything but failed. Any suggestions?

Carolin
    I have reinstalled the dogital powerbar so that my aqurium control is restored.
    I will try again later in the week with a PAB system reset and let you know if this resolves my problem.
    Thanks for the prompt response and advice.

when you assign the devices in the pab menu => you did the side arrow to get an X in the checkbox ?

I don't know if that was for me but in my case there's absolutely no communications between P3 and ExB and powerbar -PAB. No blinking light no devices to to assign. Resetting does not seem to work either. Any advice?

Have you tried to make the update for each device separately?

The problem has been resolved. Thanks.