Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware 5.07 and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.7.0

Default Firmware 5.07 and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.7.0

Hi,

from now on the new BETA-Version 5.07 for all ProfiLux-Models and the matching ProfiLuxControl is availabe, and the programmer's guide has been reworked.

We added some really great functions - the update is worth it in any case!

- new operational mode for timers - cyclic switching is possible now, even by a random generator
    - webserver optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
    - time shift function for illumination run and cloud simulation
    - illumination runs can be copied from one channel to another (also time shifted)
    - current pumps can be switched off completely during the night decrease
    - firmware version of intelligent expansion cards is shown during booting
    - built-in sensor inputs of the Expansion Box can be deactivated when they are not needed (with EXB-Firmware 1.05 and higher possible) (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
    - inactive illumination channels output 0% brightness
    - ProfiLux II Outdoor saves measurement range "salt water" at power cut
    - communication over PAB optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

I'm preparing for the update as I type (taking config backup )
    but your speak of EXB FW 1.05 but in the download section only 1.03 is available ?

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...tion.php?sid=8

Expansion Box, Version 1.03
    27.23 kB
    2010-07-28 07:43283
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 24.03.2011 at 12:15.

update:

update was succesfull.
    webconsole seems to be working again ( tested with FF 4)

would you like to explain the clouds/timeshift feature ?
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 24.03.2011 at 12:45.

Hi

the EXB firmware is still in permanent testing, I hope we release it beginning of next week

new functions: please read the new programmers guide ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

looks like a promising feature !

So should we go back to PLC5 or will PLC6 still work with the new FW?

PLC6 doesn't support the new functions yet

For me it doesn't rly matter.

I must confess that I still use PLC5 for day to day stuff ,
    I only use plc 6 if PLC5 can't do it

I find PLC6 'slow' to work with => slow as gui wise , too many clicks. Don't know why but that how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 25.03.2011 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi,
    - time shift function for illumination run and cloud simulation
    - communication over PAB optimized (affects ProfiLux 3 only)
    I for one, would like to thank everyone at GHL for these two features right here.

I just set up Time shifting for Cloud simulation across 6 illumination channels (4 Different T5 Colours, and 2 LED colours). The visual effect while subtle, adds a lot of depth to the cloud effect. Instead of the tank simply darkening, there is a subtle colour shift that occurs through the entire cloud effect, very cool.

The PAB optimization also seems to have improved the performance of my Vortech module, the pumps tend to stay synchronized better during rapid wave cycling.

Now we just need the expansion box firmware update to tie all this together!

With all of these changes, and the addition of the LED Control 4 options, this has been a really worthwhile update.

Thanks G.,

I also love the new timeshift function. I use 12 illumination channels on my tank now, the cloud simulation is much more realistic now.

We are still doing some last adjustments on the expansion box firmware 1.05 - I hope we can release it very soon.