Thread: Problem with Level Sensor?

Default Problem with Level Sensor?

I have a new level sensor (floater).
    I try to configure it but it seems that the sensor is always giving the same output.
    Please note that i have only one Level Sensor.

If the level sensor is underwater (then floater is up) or if the level sensor is not in water (then floater is down) gives the same result :
    - When ATO is activated , the ATO starts
    - when doing diagonostic, the diagnostic gives 01:- 02:X => "No contact with water – sensor not active“ and then even if the floater is up (underwater).
    Please find in attach a screen shot in Profilux Control 6.
    I tried by restarting the Profilux, by disconnecting the Level Sensor, by letting the sensor off the water ....
    Thank u in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

No idea or feedback ?
    thx

you didn't put it in the temp port did you ?

Sorry for the late reply, was busy on several issues with the config of profilux. No the level sensor is not in the temp port. Temperature is working well.
    I have tried to configure the level sensor via the profilux itself or via the software, always the same problem
    Any other idea?

please start the diagnostic mode on the device directly (over the ProfiLux keys)

then move the floater manually - does the state change?

if not: floater or cable or plug broken
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I tried to change "manually" the floater down or up and used the profilux diagnostic mode; i always get the same result 01:-
    I tried to plug-unplug the sensor....

I created a ticket on ghl web site; i think the floater is broken.
    Thank u to let me know if other tests can be performed before sending back the floater.

You also get a "-" when the sensor is unplugged?

This shows a problem with the ProfiLux input and not with the probe!

Is this a modified ProfiLux (2->3 or eX) ?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,
    I have sent back the sensor.
    Just to answer: I have Profilux 3 (normal)
    When i unplug the probe; the diagnostic shows "01:X" -> seems normal when i read the documentation.

Best regards