Thread: LedControl4 Passive - functions

Default LedControl4 Passive - functions

Can someone explain me what all this options do?

1. Inverted
    2. Flash intensity 50%
    3. Flash intensity 75%
    4. Flash intensity 100%
    5. All flashes
    6. Flash 1
    7. Flash 2
    8. Ch. C1/C1+C2

1 - I know that for PS BP lamp we have to invert logic. If we don't do it, the lamp will be set to 100% for all the time.
    2-4 - I was thinking this options are used to produce flashes with different level, but to be honest, i don't see any difference, no matter the setting I choose.
    5-7 - I was thinking this options are used to choose which channels flashes at time, but no mater what I choose, all channels are flashing
    8 - i have no idea what is it for.
    Last edited by premiero; 23.03.2011 at 13:52.

2-4 determines the flash level (brightness LEDs during a flash)

5-7 ProfiLux sends different flash signals: flash 1 and flash 2 - with this setting you can chose, on which flash signals the lamp should react on
    -> if you have 2 lamps you can achieve that both lamps produce flashes at different times

8 flashes are output on channels 1 or channels 1 and 2 (each programming toggles this)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

So, if I understand correctly, the 5-7 option work only when I use more than one LedControl4 Passive (each Slave is connected independly as "Multi-light" config)? It won't work when "Mono-light" - 1 controler and Slave to Slave DSC cable connection?

the options 5-7 make only sense if you have more than 1 lamp connected

one lamp: use "all flashes"
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have 2 PS BP Slave lamps with 1 LedControl4 Passive controller. For now, no matter what i choose, the flashes are the same on both lamps (in time)

So can You explain:
    1. All flashes - flashes all lamps in the same time?
    2. Flash 1 - do ... ?
    3. Flash 2 - do ... ?

we tested this also

result: erverything works fine as expected

the new PLC 5.0.7.1 has now support for programming the LEDControl4 and you can trigger flashes 1, 2 and 1+2 manually for testing
    -> using this you will understand how it works

As You can see in 1'st post, I am using v6.0.1.2. But I also tried - as You sugested - v5.0.7.1.
    I realy don't see difference after programming between:

All flashes,
    Flash 1
    Flash 2

All lamps flashes at the same time.
    Are You sure, that ONE LedControl4 Passive can make independent flashing of 2 slave PS BP lamps?

From my understanding you need 2 Passive Modules to create seperate illumination options on each Pacific Sun module. When you use a single LEDControl with the Pac Sun fixtures, the LEDControl sends the signals to the first unit, and the second simply mirrors the behavior of the first module.

For independant control of each BP lamp you do require 2 LEDControl4 Passives.

The "Flashes" behavior is simply the programming for the flashing behavior of the LED control module.

With 2 modules you would set one to "Flashes 1" and the other to "Flashes 2" to have different flash routines on each BP module.

So, it's like I wrote in 3'rd post But now, I finaly undrestand, what are this flashes options for. Thank You for clarification.

Hi,

I was trying to connect my LEDControl4 Passive and Meanwell LDD drivers.
    I don't know how to connect LDD Driver connectors, +Vin, -Vin, +Vout, -Vout, PWM to LEDControl4 Passive to Meanwell LDD, can you help me please.
    A draw would be very useful.

Regards