Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wavebox wave fading using P2 firm 5.06

what I meant was this:

did you set a time which is not producting waves when connected? maybe this time would create a wave when not connected ...

I really have problems to produce this situation and to find a solution for this because I have no idea what is happening, it would help me a lot if you could try what I mentioned because I don't have a tank with a wavemaker with the parameters as your tank ha
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

hi Matthias

yes i have tried to set a time so not to produce a wave while connected ,i have tried 0.5 and also 2 sec .

Matthias the whole set up was working with firmware 4.07, we had shut down the tank and all equipment for one week, I then installed my spare LAN card and upgraded to new firmware.

this is when this problem started, would the LAN card have any effect on this.

himat

these are good hints

does it matter if you are connected over LAN or RS232?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

hi Matthias

does it matter if you are connected over LAN or RS232?

No i have tried both same result

himat

ok, I will investigate the output wave pattern with a scope

I found some things:

1.) timing is different for pump control when connected or not connected, usually this is not visible, but with short wave times it becomes a problem. I will try to optimize the timing in the next firmware
    meanwhile: please set the time to 1.2 ... 1.5 seconds and watch what happens when disconnected

2.) L5 and L6 are slower than L1 ... L4 - a wave with high frequency (with approx 1s) can't be output fast enough -> please use L1 ... L4 for a wavebox

hi Matthias

I have now set up wavebox to L2.

I have now set the time to 1.2min and 1.4max ,the wave is not made while the PLC on pumps page, now when moving off the wave is made, also when the PLC is disconnected the wave is created.

Please note the wave now without PLC connected or off the pump page, seams to calm down and back up over 30sec (due to the timing differance)

himat

ok, for now we found a solution for you, I`ll try to improve the wave output in the next firmware

HI Matthias

yes

please make the wave box setting one single input for timming the wave

thanks

himat