Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: setting up dlink to run off lan/usa module?

ok plugged it into the linksys and it found it and said I configured it to my network. I see a new device listed in the network now also internet gateway device is what it says. So what steps do I take from here? Should I remove the wlan card now?

connect the lan port of your P3 to your bridge via a lan cable.

Yes I have done that. I think I probably need to set up ip's or something. Do I ever need to connect the p3 up with the pc or router to do anything?

I think its important to repeat your network setup and tell us which components you currently have connected to your network

for example:

and tell us how you want to have them connected via wifi / cable etc...

my network setup ( for my profilux is like this )

internet => external wanport router => internal network router => wifi to laptop ip 192.168.0.200
    internal network router => cable to profilux ip 192.168.0.100

so you can see that my router is connected to the internet , it has wifi to connect to my laptop
    and I use a cable to connect to my profilux , in this way my laptop can connect via wifi to my profilux ( goes via router , via lancable to p3 )

currently we have no view on which connections you want to make ( which ones with cable , which one with wifi , etc... )
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 17.02.2011 at 17:09.

currently I have a linksys wireless router to run the wireless network. I have a printer on our network. A couple laptops and our iphones phones, ipad and then the dlink. I want to connect the dlink to the p3 like I have it now with ethernet cable. I want to be able to check on the profi from remote locations and stuff like that. Also maybe be able to change settings and stuff. I currently use the wlan to connect to the p3 from my laptop.

if we know what you want to make then this could be handy ( I used to have an Dlink gaming router )
    and made this procedure to get you going.

pffff can't upload it to the forum since they don't alow PDF

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff View Post
    currently I have a linksys wireless router to run the wireless network. I have a printer on our network. A couple laptops and our iphones phones, ipad and then the dlink. I want to connect the dlink to the p3 like I have it now with ethernet cable. I want to be able to check on the profi from remote locations and stuff like that. Also maybe be able to change settings and stuff. I currently use the wlan to connect to the p3 from my laptop.

so you can't make an wired connection from your P3 to your linksys router ( it has no ports ? )

so If I understand correctly
    => you want to use your dlink router as a 'bridge' to connect to your wifi linksys ? and then your P3 via the bridge to your network

also plz specify your dlink brigde type ( we can have a look in the manual )

no the tank is on another floor of the house then the router so I can not hard wire it. I am using the DAP-1522 Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point

I've checked the manual of your router
    and you need to execute the steps from page 48 ( when your in the login => jump to page 53 ( manual setting up the router in bridge mode ))
    if you need to select your SIDD you need to select you current network of your linksys ( and give in that private key )

then you need to connect your P3 to your bridge
    and if if its default , connect to your bridge and since the P3 is setup for DHCP per default , you should be able to view the P3 in the web interface of your bridge.

(while setting up the bridge router is best to connect your computer via wired )

The manual for the linksys or dlink? Now I am getting confused.