Thread: Plz help with communication error. error code 28

Default Plz help with communication error. error code 28

I was try in to connect profilux III ex to my PC, a message with "communication error.error code 28" is coming out for both USB & LAN connections.

Below are some adjustments i have done druing the connection:
    1..Got Profiluxcontrol 5.0.6.0 installed under win 7, profilux III ex got firmware 5.03c
    2. Installed both drivers:FTDI chipset & :Prolific chipset on PC
    3.change port no. to COM2 from Windows Device Manager>Ports(COM&LPT)>USB serial Port>Port Settings> Advance Settings> COM port Number, and leave others unchanged
    4.change the port no. to COM 2 from ProfiluxControal 5.0.6.0>connection setttings >RS232> interface>COM, and also ticked RS 485 Delay option box, leave others unchanged.

And it's still not working, still had error 28

Plz help me.

Thx

no one would like to help?

you tried all this
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...ase-read-first!

and checked the other related posts?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    you tried all this
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...ase-read-first!

and checked the other related posts?
    Thx very much for your attention. Yes, I have installed both drivers for Prolific chipset & FTDI chipset and also assigned both windows device manger port no. & ProiluxControl port no. to COM2 (COM 3,5,7,9 have been tried as well). It's just still not working, message with "communication error, error code 28" is up for every attempt. Any suggestion what else I can do? Plz help me.

I've seen your ProfiLux firmware is rather old (5.03c)

PLC and ProfiLux firmware should match. The newer ProfiLux Control try to access features which aren't supported by the old firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I've seen your ProfiLux firmware is rather old (5.03c)

PLC and ProfiLux firmware should match. The newer ProfiLux Control try to access features which aren't supported by the old firmware.
    if I can't get Profilux III ex connect to my PC by either USB or LAN, How can I update the firmwiare

Download and install ProfiLuxControl 5.0.3.2 and you should be able to connect to your ProfiLux.

Download and install ProfiLuxControl 5.0.3.2 and you should be able to connect to your ProfiLux.
    Hi Frank, it's still not working with ProfiluxControl 5.0.3.2, got the same error msg " communication error. error code 28". By the way what kind of error that error code 28 is?

Hi Frank, it's still not working with ProfiluxControl 5.0.3.2, got the same error msg " communication error. error code 28". By the way what kind of error that error code 28 is?

28 means that there comes no response at all

please try another COM-port for your USB connection, sometimes windows has problems with certain COM-numbers

try e.g. 7
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.