Thread: Identification protocol between digital PAB and Profilux 2 EX

Default Identification protocol between digital PAB and Profilux 2 EX

After an unwilled cable disconnection between Profilux 2 EX and digital PAB I was not able anymore to re estabilish the connection between the 2 units please help me in remind me what to do.
    Thank you.

hmm well to start there is not way you can connect a PAD power bar to a PII (even the EX) as it used a RJ-45 connetor that is bigger then the RJ-11 the regular Digital powerbar was using.

If you are indead talking about a regular Digital Powerbar, make sure teh "Digital communication" is turned on on the port you are using (S1-S4 or S5-S8)

Hi Boboxx and thank you for your reply.The PAB in use is the Powerbar6D-D-Pab code PL0659 linked to Profilux3 EX (sorry before I wrtitten 2 EX but is 3 EX) via PAB cable code PL0683.
    Now after the PAB was disconnected from the Profilux after reconnected the Profilux doesnt recognize anymore the PAB and I dont remember the necessary setting in the Profilux display to let recognize again the PAB linked.

go on the profilux

System > Configure PAB > Pab System Reset > save

System > Configure PAB > Assign Device > Make sure you see a X in each of the PAB device and Save

Thank you I try!!!

a disconnection will not make the ProfiLux 3 to "forget" the previously connected PAB-device

after connecting the device again it will start working as before automatically

so I assume that:
    a) the physical connection is still not OK
    b) you changed settings
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

I received theProfilux and PAB after inspection and repair but unfortunely again the Profilux seem to do not feel the PAB.

As suggested in the forum I madethe Pab System Reset but later when I was to Assign Device the in the Profilux display appear No Device Found.

Did you check that the physical connection was ok?

What I have to do?

Please let me know thank you!

has been solved meanwhile: customer plugged the PAB plug into the LAN socket
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.