Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One AI Module Flickering

Default One AI Module Flickering

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this as I am not sure if it is Profilux or AI issue, so I will post it here and under Reef Geeks.

One of my AI modules flickers a couple of times an hour, it is not during intensity changes and it does not seem to be all three modules. Is this an issue with the control signals or is it the fixture itself?

What version of the Profi software are you using? There are several users having that problem using 4.05. I am using 4.04 and have no such problem. I think that AI is aware of it.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ
    GHL Proflilux 3 eX, w/ (2) Digital Power bars, GHL Temp, Salinity, & ORP Probes, AD pH Probe & AI LED light

From 4.04 to 4.05 we reduced the communication speed to the half as AI suggested (they hoped the flickering issue would be resolved then - but according to your post it got even worse, right?).

This issue was reported in the past from some users but we didn't find any problem with our firmware, AI confirmed that the communication protocol of ProfiLux is absolutely correct.
    Most AI modules seem to work flawlessly with ProfiLux but some modules have this flickering issue.
    As far as I know AI offered some workarounds like changing the order of the modules and things like that...
    Maybe you better contact AI directly.
    Question: Does flickering stop when you remove the plug of the communication line?

I am running 4.04 on the Profilux. I have also posted on the ReefGeeks forum so hopefully they can point me to a solution. If you hear anything else please let me know, the integration of the controller and this light is great.

Hi Matthias,

I have been working with Chris at AI and he suggested disconnecting the communication cable as well. I tried this last night and the flickering stopped. I left it disconnected for an hour and it did not flicker once. I plugged the communication cable back in and within ten minutes it was flickering again. Chris is still working on it from his end, do you have any ideas from yours?

Rich

Does this happen when ProfiLux changes the brightness (e.g. during a ramp or when a cloud occurs)? Or does it also happen when the percentage for this channel is constant?

No this is when the lighting is constant. During a ramp up or down there is no flicker it is a smooth transition. I currently have cloud cover turned off, but when I had it on the ramp was smooth on that as well.

I want to find the reason for this problem - therefore I change the firmware now step by step until the issue disappeared.
    If you want to be my tester then send me a mail, please - I will send you the modified firmware 4.05

Default AI LED & v 5.0

Any idea on what is the flickering problem and have you tested the AI light on version 5 yet? Any idea when v5 releases?
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ
    GHL Proflilux 3 eX, w/ (2) Digital Power bars, GHL Temp, Salinity, & ORP Probes, AD pH Probe & AI LED light

we are examining this issue with the help of Shadoww, we will post here when we have a result