Thread: Aqua Illumination Sol

Default Aqua Illumination Sol

Hello,

I have a standard equipped Profilux III. I'm in the process of getting me 2 Sol units from Aqua Illumintation (http://www.aquaillumination.com/sol/index.html). Do I need any expansion boards for my unit or will it work out of the box?

I guess I need the AI cable but is it possible to control two units using one RS232 port or will I need another?

Any help appreciated!

--Mats
    Last edited by Aufgedyng; 17.05.2011 at 22:18.

You need the AI cable between ProfiLux and first lamp.
    As far as I know you can daisy chain the lamps with a cable from AI - please ask AI for this detail.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much for your help!

--Mats

Hi Matthias,

I am also looking into getting these lights, so does this mean all i need is the Aqua Sol light and i do not need to also get the controller ?

Same answer:
    You need the AI cable between ProfiLux and first lamp.
    As far as I know you can daisy chain the lamps with a cable from AI - please ask AI for this detail.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Not much support......

I'm looking at getting these LEDs also but need some help, I can't find any information on the cable of the site, matthias can you please send me the link, also is there a document somewhere on how to make it work????

What can the Profilux control in the Sol???

Dear friend,

Ok, adding to the conversation to obtain info. I´m going to buy 2 AI SOL. I understand that i need a AI cable running of the RS232 port to the first AI unit. now i+ve got my P3ex RS232 port filled with the ViewII. Now what to buy to use both the AI cable and still have the ViewII module on the same port, splitter? and if yes could someone please provide me with productcode to order

Thxk Franklin

If your RS 232 is already in use, you just need to buy the ghl expansion module PLM-ADIN card to attach additional RS 232 to P3.

Always at sea;
    Dr. Antonio Longo

The PLM-ADIN is not right, you will need the PLM-RS232. Here you can connect the View II and at the onboard-RS232 you can connect the AI lamp.