Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ELDO LED drivers DALI and Profilux?

I had my card already replaced once, but it was an exchange of the old version for another old version. I am crossing my fingers that my local support will receive the new version of the DALI card for an exchange and, well, that this card will work.

The 0-10V is only a fall -back solution to get something working at the moment. The big disadvantage of this interface is that there is only one 0-10V input, so all channels are dimmed simultaneously. Ultimately, DALI has to work to use this ballast to its full potential and control each channel individually.
    Last edited by hempi23; 15.06.2011 at 13:09.

Update. Summer seems to delay thing ...

I did receive my third DALI controller card this weekend, which now has firmware 1.03 loaded. With this card I got the Quicktronic ballasts finally working. That's the good news.

The bad news: the EldoLED driver isn't being recognized by the Profilux. I believe that this time the problem lies with EldoLED; it doesn't respond to the addressing request. I contacted them and their support is good so far in order to resolve this issue. Keep those fingers crossed!

On a positive note: the LEDdriver itself works very well. So does the dimming portion. For some reason, the driver has copied the addresses of my Quicktronic ballasts. So for now, all four LED channels follow the four T5HO channels. Weird this is ...

I am really hoping to get the DALI IF working on EldoLED, but there is a fallback in case it doesn't work out. This would be a 1-10V to DMX brigde, between L1-L4 of the profilux and the DMX interface of the EldoLED. Obviously, that would "waste" the L1-L4 and make the complete setup more complicated. Let's hope I won't have to go this route.

Once again, thank you for the update. I am still following you and still hoping that all is not lost for my DIY build. I was planning on ordering many of these drivers, but if they don't play well with DALI I will have to reconsider. Looking forward to your response from ELDO ... Dipan

All is looking good: EldoLED has discovered an issue with the batch my driver came from and is going to replace the ballast. Great support so far. Stay tuned ...

Wow! That was fast! I received the new ballast today, quite impressive. Replaced the old ballast, started "New Numbering", and counted ...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...Ready!
    Reassigned illumination channels and voila. At last, it works like a charm.

Now I have to install all my LED's into the hood and give it a real test. It's going to be 4x channels with 10x LED's each (daylight, 3000K, red, blue) running at 750 mA. I might up the daylights to 1A later on as I don't plan to run them all together at 100%. Will have to see how it looks on the tank first.

Quote Originally Posted by hempi23 View Post
    Wow! That was fast! I received the new ballast today, quite impressive. Replaced the old ballast, started "New Numbering", and counted ...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...Ready!
    Reassigned illumination channels and voila. At last, it works like a charm.

Now I have to install all my LED's into the hood and give it a real test. It's going to be 4x channels with 10x LED's each (daylight, 3000K, red, blue) running at 750 mA. I might up the daylights to 1A later on as I don't plan to run them all together at 100%. Will have to see how it looks on the tank first.
    Great to hear! Post up some pics if you get a chance ...