Thread: Dosing at different times

Default Dosing at different times

Q:
    the profilux liquid doser; mine is set to dose 2 times a day from 2 pumps..
    Is there anyway to control the times it doses.. it is less than optimal to dose micronutrients containing iron together with macronutrients containing phosphate since Fe & PO4 can percipitate and thus become useless to plants. This is especially important if one doses inline.
    Can this be done?

A:
    the dosing control starts dosing for the different pumps every 7.5 minutes, for example pump 1 doses at 0:00:00 and pump 2 doses at 0:07:30 and pump 3 at 00:15:00.
    If one dosing is shorter 7.5 minutes there will be no overlapping.
    It is also possible to dose at certain times. Then use a timer rather than the built-in dosing function.

can i use this logic for dosing but have an overide based on ph...

so use the dosing rotation of 1 and 2 but only if ph is below a certain value...

also i dont want doeser 3,4 in the same unit affected by this schedule...it is discreet dosing from 1,2

thanks

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Q:
    the profilux liquid doser; mine is set to dose 2 times a day from 2 pumps..
    Is there anyway to control the times it doses.. it is less than optimal to dose micronutrients containing iron together with macronutrients containing phosphate since Fe & PO4 can percipitate and thus become useless to plants. This is especially important if one doses inline.
    Can this be done?

A:
    the dosing control starts dosing for the different pumps every 7.5 minutes, for example pump 1 doses at 0:00:00 and pump 2 doses at 0:07:30 and pump 3 at 00:15:00.
    If one dosing is shorter 7.5 minutes there will be no overlapping.
    It is also possible to dose at certain times. Then use a timer rather than the built-in dosing function.

yes, use the programmable logic:

logic 1: dosing 1 AND pH upwards

then assign function "prog logic 1" to the socket

i assume i assign it to pump 1 and pump 2
    but how do i get them to not dose at the sametime? it seems like to me they will dose same time based on ph being called to raise...

the dosing program starts pumps 1...8 at different times

will both pumps 3 and 4 be completely seperate dosing then and not tied to the ph function?

if you use the AND function then the socket will only be powered if both events occured: dosing AND pH