Thread: filter doesn't respond to ProfiLux speed changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ausrufezeichen filter doesn't respond to ProfiLux speed changes

I've tried to control my Eheim 350 with PLC 5.0.5.4, but it seems it doesn't respond on commands whatever I do. May be my settings aren't correct:

When I put the filter in manual mode (by using the buttons on the filter itself) a minute later, the filter turns back into automatic mode and LED's 4 and 5 starts flashing for about a minute. It doesn't mater if the "An Eheim controller is connected" is checked or not. After a second try the error didn't came back.

According to the user manual it means there's an electronic error:

So, does GHL know what the problem is or was?
    Nevertheless, I still can't control my filter by using PLC..

@MartinS
    The settings should be ok. You configured the EHEIM for a constant flow at 10% (Pump1).
    If the filter returns from manual mode (per keys at the filter itself) and returns to automatic (suggesting: constant flow mode) the filter is responding to the commands of the EHEIM-Controller.
    Unchecking the "An Eheim controller is connected" only stops the ProfiLux sending the flow info to the EHEIM-Controller.
    The EHEIM-Controller send the current flow periodic to the filter and request the filter state. So if the EHEIM-Controller is connected and it got a flow info from ProfiLux the EHEIM-Controller send this flow to the filter.

I can't help with the LED codes. In this case EHEIM would know the answer, what the reason is or was.

Hello Frank.
    Thanks for your reply. But still there is a big little problem: the filter doesn't respond on commands from PLC.

@MartinS

Is the problem still present if you disconnect the DSub from EHEIM-Controller to ProfiLux for a short time (powercycle)?

Unfortunately, yes.

Other suggestion:
    Could you set up sine waves 60s with range 1% to 20% for the filter and report us the result?

Hi Frank,
    Done. PLC reacts. In the "State" colum the percentage repeats running from 1% to 19% and down. The filter isn't impressed...

Hi Martin,

on your Picture i can see that your Filter run's with 3960 U/min and has only an flow of 292l/h.
    How is your Filter connectet? Is ther any Resistent in the Pips?

How many flow can you get maximum when you use the Eheim Control Centern without the PL connectet?
    And how many speed maximum?
    mfg

Klaus D.

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for noticing. Unfortunately I don't have the original Eheim control center. I thought I don't need it when the Profilux version is used...
    But when I put the filter in manual mode, it can run a bit faster for a very short time. After a few seconds the speed decreases. I will look in to it.
    But nevertheless, I suppose the filter should listen to PLC.

Hi Martin,

i think, that you have maybe the same situation like me.

I have al lot of thinks in my Pipe from the Filter to the Tank.
    Link CO² Reaktor, Heating, SensorTank, ...

If I try to get on voll Speed my Filter makes only 200l/h put 1000l/h or more is posible with nothing in the Pipe...
    mfg

Klaus D.