Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: filter doesn't respond to ProfiLux speed changes

Hi Martin,

i think, that you have maybe the same situation like me.

I have al lot of thinks in my Pipe from the Filter to the Tank.
    Link CO² Reaktor, Heating, SensorTank, ...

If I try to get on voll Speed my Filter makes only 200l/h put 1000l/h or more is posible with nothing in the Pipe...
    mfg

Klaus D.

Hi Matthias. Just tried what you suggested. But still nothing happens.

According to the filter LED's there is a problem with the flowrate:

B 1. Adjusted flowrate not possible and / or
    2. flowrate smaller than 50%

(B 1. Eingestellte Durchflussmenge nicht möglich und / oder
    2. Durchflussmenge kleiner 50%)

I am busy trying to solve this (new) problem. Although the filter is cleaned and all hoses are checked. But the question is: must PLC, despite this problem, nevertheless be able to reduce the flowrate to for instance 1%?
    Or putting it a bit different: what would be the normal response of the filter in this case?

The filter is put in automatic mode within a minute when it was first set to manual mode. So the filter does respond on certain commands.
    Is there may be a way to check if the Eheimcontroller is working properly?

the technical limitations of the EHEIM filter define the minimum and maximum flowrates

our controller just sends its "wishes" to the filter

what do you mean with " According to the filter LED's there is a problem with the flowrate"? what are the LEDs displaying exactly?

can you access with the EHEIM-Control Center? what happens there?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Underneath combination of LED's are lit on my filter:

Accdording to the user manual this errorcode means:
    B 1. Adjusted flowrate not possible and / or
    2. flowrate smaller than 50%

Besides that, the current flowrate is 281 liter per hour. So I suppose PLC must be able to slow it down to 1%.

I don't have the Eheim control center yet. I thought I don't need it when the Profilux Eheimcontroller is used...

The EHEIM filter supports a range from a minimum flow to a maximum flow. The minimum flow (at 1%) does not correspond to 1% of the max. flow.

With ProfiLux we are able to set those flow steps of the filter. 1% correspond to the minimum flow with the EHEIM filter can be achieved.

That's clear but not an answer to my question. I can't immagine 281 liter per hour as to be 1% = the minumum flowrate of the filter.
    So must PLC be able to slow it down to 1% or not?
    And is there may be a way to check if the Eheimcontroller is working properly?

The 350 model for example supports a flow of 400l/h at minimum.
    How should PLC able to slow down the filter beyond the minimum flow?

Normal operation of EHEIM-Controller: the green LED at the EHEIM-Controller is permanent on (Connection to EHEIM filter established) and the yellow LED flashing (EHEIM-Controller gets flow settings from ProfiLux)

When 400 l/hr is the minimum (=1%?) in a normal situation, of course 281 is lower and difficult to control. Btw, where can be found what the (normal) minimum flowrates are of the Eheim 3e? I have looked up the user manual but could not find this information.
    I've measured the actual flow and this compares with the readings. So, first I will try to solve the flowrate problem and see what happens.

The 350 model for example supports a flow of 400l/h at minimum.
    That´s not the whole truth. A flow of 400l/h with minimum speed (2100min-¹) is only possible at free flow - without hoses and also without filter masses (as said in the manual) - same is valid for the 1050l/h at maximum speed of 4320min-¹. You never can reach that in real environment.

In my opinion the possible minimum flow of 400l/h for constant flow is much too hight. Maybe a minimum of 250-300 should be possible to set. But anyway, that´s not a prob of GHL ....

I can't immagine 281 liter per hour as to be 1% = the minimum flow rate of the filter.
    So must PLC be able to slow it down to 1% or not?
    And is there may be a way to check if the Eheimcontroller is working properly?
    Unfortunately the flow will decrease with time - or the pump will speed up more and more with clogging of the filter masses. That depends on programming.
    I don´t know if an alarm is set able for going below a minimum flow and/or reaching a maximum speed level (as I see, pump speed is setable from 2100min-¹ up to 4320min-¹ in steps of 60min-¹) due I haven´t get my EHEIM controller yet.

But I have asked Eheim for a pump courve -let´s see if I get it.