Thread: CO2 shut-off during night

Default CO2 shut-off during night

Q:
    In a freshwater plantedtank you use CO2. Now the CO2 in controlled via pH probe etc. which in turn controls a solenoid valve. This is controlled by the profilux powerbar.
    Is there anyway to control it so it can be turned completely off during the night? there is no point in adding CO2 to the tank at night, since plants don't use CO2 during nighttime!?

A:
    There are 2 possible ways.
    a) enable "nocturnal change" for the pH-control. Enter there a change of -1 for example and a time, e.g. 19:00 to 7:00. Now you have a reduced desired value for the pH-control at night. If the normal value is 7, then you have now 6 at night, the valve will not be activated.
    b) use programmable logic
    program a timer, e.g. timer 1 for 19:00 until 7:00
    define a prog. logic: logic 1 is timer 1 AND pH1 downwards
    now assign function "logic 1" to the socket instead of "pH 1 downwards"

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    If the normal value is 7, then you have now 6 at night, the valve will not be activated.
    Is this really correct? I thought I wanted to set the normal value higher, (8 for example) to not trigger the CO2?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I wonder about this too, should maybe this be 7:00 until 19:00?

sorry, You are right, the normal value must be set higher

timer setting is correct, you want to achieve a CO2 shut-off over night

Ok, thanks for clearing this out for us!

Default CO2 automation

Hi Matthias,
    Am a newbie with GHL products.. Am setting up a new aquarium (freshwater) and I want the CO2 regulated automatically.
    I Understood that this can be done via a solenoid valve which is switched via a switchable socket.. but further on I donot see what has to be connected..Normally the regulation shld go via the PH sensor. Is there anything else to be added ? In fact my question is what is the connection between the switchable socket and the PH sensor ,

Thks in advance..

In a freshwater plantedtank you use CO2. Now the CO2 in controlled via pH probe etc. which in turn controls a solenoid valve. This is controlled by the profilux powerbar.
    Is there anyway to control it so it can be turned completely off during the night? there is no point in adding CO2 to the tank at night, since plants don't use CO2 during nighttime!?

A:
    There are 2 possible ways.
    a) enable "nocturnal change" for the pH-control. Enter there a change of -1 for example and a time, e.g. 19:00 to 7:00. Now you have a reduced desired value for the pH-control at night. If the normal value is 7, then you have now 6 at night, the valve will not be activated.
    b) use programmable logic
    define a prog. logic: logic 1 is timer 1 AND pH1 downwards
    now assign function "logic 1" to the socket instead of "pH 1 downwards"
    [/QUOTE]