Thread: P2 Terra Humidity nocturnal change

Default P2 Terra Humidity nocturnal change

I've just received my P2 Terra this week and it's been a rollercoaster ride to get it up and running the way I wanted it. Had a bunch of trouble with the lights, turns out the EVG-AP-2F had a bad soldering point. The "ballast1 voltage regulator" or "brown wire" was soldered to the black wire, the +. So it was alwasy on 100%.
    With that fixed I've turned my attention to the Humidity, it's fine right now cause I'm only starting up the tank with plants and moss. When to high the Propellor Controller speeds up my fans to lower the humidity, and that work just fine. The problem however is that I cannot setup the Nocturnal Change variation the way I want.

At first it would not even save and be turned off automatically, but I figured the variation + hysterisis would be over 100%, so invalid. I set it to 99% total and that worked, but it reset the time again. It appears I cannot change the time to be different then 19:00 ON and 5:00 OFF.
    I would really like to set the OFF timer later to get a "damp morning"
    This might be related to the illumination settings, but I am unsure how.
    Can these times be bypassed somehow ?

Another small problem seems to be the Thunderstorms ... how do I disable them permanently ? This morning at 4 Am I jumped up out of bed cause the sprayers went of, but all days under the thunderstorm settings are turned off. I have now removed it from socket controll, but I'm not sure if it will still randomly go off ?

(minor note I am running Firmware 5.03 is it advisable to upgrade for the P2 Terra ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Archid View Post
    At first it would not even save and be turned off automatically, but I figured the variation + hysterisis would be over 100%, so invalid. I set it to 99% total and that worked, but it reset the time again. It appears I cannot change the time to be different then 19:00 ON and 5:00 OFF.
    I would really like to set the OFF timer later to get a "damp morning"
    This might be related to the illumination settings, but I am unsure how.
    Can these times be bypassed somehow ?
    The times can normally be changed. Are you making the settings at the ProfiLux itself or are you using Profiluxcontrol? If yes, which version?

Quote Originally Posted by Archid View Post
    Another small problem seems to be the Thunderstorms ... how do I disable them permanently ? This morning at 4 Am I jumped up out of bed cause the sprayers went of, but all days under the thunderstorm settings are turned off. I have now removed it from socket controll, but I'm not sure if it will still randomly go off ?
    If you have deactivated all settings in the thunderstorm menu then it can only be the case that the cable of your Simu-LED is positioned in a place where it is affected by other electronic components.
    Perhaps you can place the cable in another position and check if the LED still flashes.

Thanks for the reply. The thunderstorm does not controll any LEDs, I dont have any connected. When a Thunderstorm activates it would dim the lights and turn on the sprayer (Socket 1). I have unchecked thunderstorm from all ilumination settings and set Random Thunderstorm to duration 0 now, that should fix it, even if it does happen.

I am using PC software to program the P2 Terra. Software version 5.0.5.3

As your question wether I programmed manually or with software hinted me in the difference I have now set it manually in the Profilux. It seems that this setting does not reset and should be fine now. I'll keep you informed

Ok, it does accept the time changes I've made but now comes another problem. I have set the Propellor Controller to L3, and in 1-10v Outputs I've set L3 to Humidity Output Controll. This works 2 ways, which is unfortunate ...
    As long as the Humidity is too high, the Controller will speed up the fans, reducing Hum. Thats fine, but if the Hum. goes below the nominal - Hysterisis it will continue to give max voltage, since it's out of the nominal range, reducing the humidity more and more .... I guess I could go from "Twoposition Controller" to "Pulse Variable" with a decent pause, but I'd much prefer an easy way so the the Fans only reduce Hum. when it's over 80% and turn at minimal set voltage (2 or 3 volts) when it's 80% or lower.
    Any suggestion on this ?

edit:

I think I understand the Nocturnal setting for Humidity now, as far as in that it's configured wrong for paludariums !
    The humidity sensor settings are a copy of the temperature sensor ... at night, you want temperature to go down a little, that is natural ... The Humidity sensor "thinks" the same way: nocturnal = humidity down !
    But offcourse this is the other way around ! at night humidity should go UP ! I configured this setting to "allow" 99% humidity, thinking thats how it works, instead the Profilux is trying to get humidity to (80-19) 61% and turns all fans to max output !

Is this an issue fixed with a more recent Firmware or can I contribute this to the list of options to be made in the next one ?
    Last edited by Archid; 21.01.2011 at 22:12.