Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] USB - No Connection Could Be Established

Default [SOLVED] USB - No Connection Could Be Established

Trying to connect using a USB cable. Sometimes it connects but mostly I get the message: No Connection Could Be Established

I have it on Com 3, baud 9600, timeout increased to 10,000

I have tried this on 2 different PC's one running Vista the other windows 7.

PF3
    Firmware: 5.05F
    Software 6.0.0.7

I downloaded PL2303 V11 (driver) and installed this previously for the earlier software 5.0.5.3 (had problems with that too randomly disconnecting but not as bad as PC6).

When I ran the old software (5.0.5.3)and searched for available ports it gave me Com 3 so that is why I used that and I am able to connect using 5.0.5.3

could the cable be bad?

Have you already looked at these hints:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ase-read-first!

I looked at these and I have already tried both drivers but even when I connect for ~20 minutes it disconnects and gives me the same message.

I don't think I am supposed to be posting these here?

I am getting error code 60, maybe you can tell me what this is or send me the link to technical support so I can contact them as this is getting frustrating?

Thanks,

Error Code 60? With PLC6? This is nearly impossible...

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/login.php

Please contact our support.

You are correct Mathias, I was getting this message when I loaded to older version of PLC. (V5).

However my apologies because I noticed that when an appliance on the same line (a fridge) compressor came on, the software immediately disconnected from the PF. I have taken the fridge offline and it has not disconnected in 1 hour so I think this was the problem. I will buy a UPS to put the PF and PC on from now on.

Nice to hear, that this problem has been solved. If we can do any other thing for you, please feel free to contact us...

Unfortunately it did disconnect after about 2 hours, but I found the only way I could get a connection again was to pull out the USB cable and plug it in again and then it connected. No change in ports it was COM3 when it would not connect and it was COM3 after I disconnected the USB and re connected? using 6.0.0.8 now.

Update: problem very repeatable: Disconnect the USB, PC6 Crashes and closes, plug back USB, Open PC6, reconnects.
    Last edited by Chinaexpat; 16.01.2011 at 06:29.

How do you close your connection? Do you just close the main window or do you close every single connection? It might be a problem, under some circumstances, that if you dont close the connection before closing the program, the port may remain open...and as long as the port is open, no reconnect is possible.

First I added a UPS and continued to use the USB cable but it still disconnected. When it did disconnect the PC6 software would always freeze up until I disconnected the usb Cable from either the PC or the PF.

I finally solved the problem by using the RS232 cable instead of the USB cable and have had no problems with it disconnecting since. I assume there is either some problem with the USB cable or drivers?