Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Email per Profilux

well,

Mathias did some testing with my email settings and he didn't reach my isp smtp server ( I found out that port 25 is blocked for non isp traffic, I am not surprised since my isp blocks alot of stuff from external isp, if you don't pay for it ))) )

So therefore I did some more testing and went through the trace in wireshark (readable version printed above)
    and I noticed in the PLC trace I found no reference to my authentication data. (while I had authentication checked in the plc settings)

I started wondering => if its not in the trace it didn't leave my computer => then I found that authentication is not needed for isp smtp server (since its only alowed for isp traffic , I assume)
    I did a test in plc without authentication and the email was recieved.

When I did the test with the P3 without authentication => TADA => the email was recieved !!!!!!!
    so apperently the email client used by PLC ( and P3 apperently does something different in the authentication step )
    PLC apperently continues
    The P3 email client "freezes" on it (it really wants to authenticate while , its not needed ??? ) and it terminates the connection and doesn't send the email ??

small remark in the past with authentication on on the P3 the 'current smtp-server ip' field was empty (sometimes it flashed a number while testing )
    now without authentication it keeps the ip of the smtp server

So if anyone has a good email with all the tokens plz guide me to it
    And I have some email alarms creation to do !!!

*bummer*

plc limits the length of the email adres to 32 chars

plz increase this asap (maybe even in P3 FW) , not everyone is blessed with a short name and short hostname

but @ least 42 chars would be fine (yes that is a very long email adress )

ps: I never had this issue because my gmail adres is exactly 32 chars
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 25.01.2011 at 20:35.

At the moment the 32 chars are a firmware thing, so that PLC cant transfer more than that to the PL. I will forward this wish to our firmware department.

Yes, if you use Authentification and the server doesnt need it, the login process is not compatible so you wont be able to send this mails.

So i will mark this problem as solved.

still, there is a functional difference between PLC and P3 >
    plc traps it apperently and P3 just stops ( and since there is no error info its difficult to get this info)

and since I used the exact same settings in PLC and P3 it only gave me alot of frustration.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 26.01.2011 at 18:29.

"plc traps it apperently" - what do you mean by that? We need a exact bug definition, please.

well,

I was using the same settings in PLC and P3 ( with authentication )
    and it worked on the PLC but not on the P3
    therefore I assumed that all was well, since it works with authentication in PLC , I never tested it without authentication , why would I have tested it ????

with the P3 it only worked with authentication was off. So there is a difference between P3 and PLC

I expected the PLC email and P3 email to behave the same.

any ideas when the longer email adresses will be avialable in FW and plc ?

Our Management has decided not to implement bigger values for that in the next time, i am sorry...

oooh NICE , so no emails then for me !!!!

emails limitation of 32 chars tsssssss

so solution create a new mailbox with shorter name and forward it to my real email adres
    Thx Management of GHL !
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 07.02.2011 at 16:46.

oooh NICE , so no emails then for me !!!!
    I suggest to get a short address from a freemail provider and set up a forwarding to your regular address.
    Also maybe you can get a short alias from your regular mail provider.

And yes, the limitation isn´t that nice (especially that it´s not communicated early) but it´s not a real problem.