Thread: Adjusting temperature probe

Default Adjusting temperature probe

I have the Profilux II EX with firmware 4.05
    I have done the upgrade to Beta version 4.06 but decided to go back to 4.05 until 4.06 was fully released.
    Since I switched back to 4.05 it seems my temperature is about 1 to 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit off. This was not the case BEFORE I did the upgrade but only since I went back.
    I compared with 2 different thermometers and the temp display from my chiller.
    For example both thermometers show 79 but the Profilux shows 80 to 80.4.
    I tried to run the calibration on the controller but this didn't change anything. The controller is only about 2-3 months old.

Any ideas what could be wrong or is there a way I can manually change the temp settings on the controller to match the 2 other thermometers.

Thanks for any help
    Michael

Hi Michael,

the update (or downgrade) process does not change the temperature probe calibration.
    If you want that the ProfiLux shows values which match the other 2 thermometers than you can do a "calibration" with ProfiLuxControl.
    The old (factory) calibration can be restored any time by invoking "calibration" menu on the device itself.

Hey Matthias,
    thanks for your quick reply.

Just to be sure:
    When I do it on the Controller itself and go to temp -> callibration and confirm the controller immediately asks for " save settings" Yes or No. When I select YES nothing really changes and the Temp. is still about 1 degree off.

I guess with the "calibration" in the software you mean:
    "Adjust Temperature" in the Temp section?
    As I think to remember all the settings have to be done in Celcius even when using Fahrenheit as a display?
    Therefore I converted the
    Profilux temperature display: 80 -> 26.7
    Thermometer display: 78.5 -> 25.8

So technically if where it says "I want the temp reading to be" ..... lowered or raised I should put in "0.9" and then select LOWERED.
    When this is done the Controller will activate heaters etc based on the NEW values?

Hope that makes sense?
    Michael

yes, I mean "adjust temperature" in ProfiLuxControl

the temperature control will work with the new adjusted temperature

if you perform "calibation" on the device the factory calibration is restored - if the readings do not change after doing this the calibration values have not been changed before

ok. Just wanted to be sure

Vielen Dank
    Michael