Thread: Setup DALI

Default Setup DALI

hi, i have wired my dali system. The profilux recognizes the card, but it doesn't give me any options in 4.06 firmware.

The lights are now at full illuminity.

I have wired te 2 da channels with copper-wire in the lamp, I used a wire-nut to connect the two sets of DA channels from two double-45watt-ballasts ( osram qti dali 54w). da- 2x and da+ 2x resulting 2 wires going to the dali-expansiocard.

What can go wrong resulting in profilux not recognizing my ballasts? is it the speakercable i used?

Can someone from profilux gie me a proper wiring diagram, and a illustrated walkthrough maybe?

the wiring is quite simple and from what I read you did it correctly

the next step is to assign addresses to the ballasts and then to assign these addresses to the illumination channels
    ->this has to be done on the device itself, under menu system -> DALI

read the newest manual
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...LuxII_V406.pdf
    page 56

I have the ballasts working. But i think i have made a mistake with addressing the ballasts to a illumination channel. Now i can only dim both ballasts at once, not seperately.

I set lamp 1 to I1 and lamp 2 to I2.. Should i assign lamp one and 2 to I1, and lamp 3 and 4 to I2? I assumed with lamp 1 profilux meant "ballast 1" because it's a 2x54 watt ballast.

Can i somewhere download a full illumination schematic as a settingsfile?

with "lamp x" we actually mean "ballast x"

the 2 tubes on a dual ballasts are not separately dimmable

setting lamp 1 to I1 and lamp 2 to I2 is no problem, even with dual ballasts.

Did you assign unique addresses to the ballasts?

"Can i somewhere download a full illumination schematic as a settingsfile?" - there is a standard setting in the ProfiLux, but I can't offer extra settingsfiles.

Where could i find an idiot-proof manual on setting the light sequences? i just can't figure out how to turn lights of and on at given time. I use 4.06. a walkthrough with screenshots would be nice, or even just some screenshots of someone with 2 double dimmable ballasts.

Also i still don't have the dali ballasts working separately. i tried assigning them to I1 and I3.. Is this a bug in the firmware?

Hi Rob,

there is no bug in the firmware, I have here a system running with 4 DALI-ballasts and they all can be controlled separately.

Could you answer my question before we continue, please?
    "Did you assign unique addresses to the ballasts?"

Or in other words:
    Did you perform 1.) New numbering and then 2.) Assign illumination channels
    as described in the manual in section 3.17.12 DALI ?

After New numbering - how many ballasts have been found?
    While assigning illumination channels each ballast should be accessable.

Screen-shots: Not available for the basic DALI configuration since this can only be done on the device itself.

If you DALI system is running we will go to the next step - programming the light sequences.

Okay, i have it running. The problem was the existence of a lamp "0". i skipped that one and started with lamp one, which in my opinion was not the most obvious choice. Anyway the problem is solved.
    both ballasts are seperately dimmable now on I1 and I2.

I have some sort of a lighting schedule now, and will see if it is working.

I'm very impressed by the way the lights are dimmed. But i believe it can be more fluently if it was adjusted to 1% instead of steps of 25%. I believe dali can do steps of 1%.

what do you mean with "steps of 25%"? ProfiLux transmitts dimming commands with a resolution below 1%.
    Are these Osram ballasts?

In the light scenarios menu you can dim with steps of 25%.

you can move the sliders directly - then you have steps of 1%