Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webserver not responding

Default Webserver not responding

The problem I have is the fact I can't reach the webserver in my PL3. Not by using the internal IP and not by using the external IP. Both ways have worked. I suppose it has changed after updating the PL3 because I haven't changed anything on my router. A reset of both units did not help. Windows 7 / IE8 networkproblem solving says the PL3 doesn't accept connections. Alarms are sent out. All settings are checked, changed, tried etc. but I'm out of ideas how to solve this problem or where to look. Does anyone has a suggestion?

Normally this happens, when you update your PL device and dont reenter LAN Settings.

Good morning Mathias, thanks for your reply.
    I already had changed the IP-address in the PL3 to be sure the settings are valid. Do I have te change more settings?

Normally if you do a communication setup under system-communication in the menu you are asked or IP, Gateway and Subnet mask. Did you enter all three of them?

Hint: Next time you can do a backup of all data. Network data is included too, so you can just restore it after system update and go ahead with usage...

Hi Mathias. Before an upgrade I always make copies of the settings and sensordata and restore them after the update.
    Nevertheless, I just have entered the IP-settings but unfortunately it didn't help.

I have looked at the problem again but it looks there's some little bug in the FW (5.05f) of the PL3.
    I still can't start the PL3-webserver. Not from within my LAN or via the internet. Two other devices on my LAN are approachable from outside by using port forwarding. So my router and settings must be ok.

Any ideas? I really want to have it working...

If DHCP was enabled before, there may be a problem the DHCP deamon is still running.

Try a reset on ProfiLux (easily by power cycling the ProfiLux). Does it work now?

Thanks for your quick reply. A reset (power cycling) has already be performed.

Something unexplainable, for me though, happened today. After removing PLC6007, installing and running PLC6008 (PLC6008 didn't find my PL3) and starting PLC5053, it couldn't connect anymore!? Despite it did for a few hours ago. I have read earlier PLC6 doesn't effect PLC5 in relation to the IP-connections, but imo it does somehow... After a reset of the PL3 (power down for a minute) connecting was possible again. But suddenly also the webserver can be opened from the internet but not, and that's really weird, not directly from my LAN using the internal IP-address! What's happenning?? I have no explanation. Btw, the IP can be pinged.
    Last edited by MartinS; 18.01.2011 at 15:36.

We will take care of this and will get back to you.