Thread: Bad WLAN Card?

Default Bad WLAN Card?

Hello-

Recently I lost the ability to TCP/IP connect to my PII. It had been working just fine for a number of years. I have tried entering the IP for the Profilux into Profilux software as well as just a browser window and each time it just times out without connecting. I have also reprogrammed the card numerous times. Looking at the card I see sometimes it is just one solid green light (no blinking). After I reprogram the card I initially get a solid green and red light blinking but soon the red light turns solid red and stays that way. I could be wrong but I thought I recall seeing the red light blinking more often in the past when the card was working properly.

Do I have a bad card? Is there any other means to tell other than replace the card and see if I get a connection again?

When connecting correctly to a WLAN network, the red LED stays on. So this looks quite ok.

I am sure you did repower the PL device?

After initial reboot the red led comes on. After a while it turns off and only the green LED stays on. Is the red LED just to show communication activity?

Yes I have power cycled several times to reset the card.

Yes, the red LED is the status LED for communication. If it doesnt stay on, its very plausible, that the connection could not have been established. Do you still use the same access-point or router or did you change something on your network periphery?

Hmm yes this is very odd. Everything with my network is the same as it was prior to losing the ability to connect. The only thing I have done recently was update firmware from 5.0.1.2 to 5.0.4.2 but I believe I had lost the ability to connect to prior to that. Since then I have tried re-entering the IP just in case it might have somehow reset during the firmware update but still can't connect.