Thread: Connecting Giesemann Matrix plus to Profilux II Light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Connecting Giesemann Matrix plus to Profilux II Light

Dear support, I am thinking to buy Giesemann's Matrix plus (with LED + 3 pairs of T5 tubes with dimmable ballast (GHL ready)). Currently I own Profilux II Light & ProfiluxSimu LED spot light. What extra GHL cable/splitter should I need to buy to connect the 3 dimmable ballasts from the Giesemann light + ProfiluxSimu LED spot light to the 1-10V interfaces on the Profilux II Light? Thanks in advance, Raymond

You can connect the ProfiLux Simu Spot directly to one of the L-ports of the ProfiLux Light. The other port could be used for the Giesemann lamp. As you mentioned that the lamp is "GHL ready", there should already be a fitting plug so that you can connect it directly to the L-port.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    You can connect the ProfiLux Simu Spot directly to one of the L-ports of the ProfiLux Light. The other port could be used for the Giesemann lamp. As you mentioned that the lamp is "GHL ready", there should already be a fitting plug so that you can connect it directly to the L-port.
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. The Giesemann Matrix Plus light set will come with 3 pairs of dimmable T5HO tubes, each pair can be dimmed independent of the other two pairs, will it come with just 1 fitting plug or 3 plugs? Thanks, Raymond

I think it will rather be more than one plug - but this is a question that only Giesemann can answer you exactly. Please contact them for further details.

Hi Carolin, checked that the Giesemann Matrix Plus will come with 3 cables with plugs for the 3 dimmable pairs of T5HO tubes. So I am going to have 1 plug from Profilux Simu spot and 3 plugs from the Giesemann light while there is only 2 connectors on my Prolifux II Light. Will I need to buy the GHL Active Splitter or any accessories to support the connectivity? Thanks again, Raymond

Hello,
    yes, the only possibility is to take indeed the Active-L-Splitter in order to connect the 3 pairs to one L-port.