Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLM-ADIN wiring and programming help

Default PLM-ADIN wiring and programming help

I connected each wire of the magnetic switch to the wires 7 and 8 of the rj45 cable; one goes to 7 the other goes to 8 from the magnetic switch. I assigned voltage 1 to the socket that a light is plugged in to, but im not sure how its supposed to turn on/off the light. Im messing with settings in the PLC but i dont see anything happening when the switches come in contact and then break the contact

Hmmm .... you know that "ADIN" in PLM-ADIN means "Analog and Digital INput"? So regardless what con connect to that card and also regardless what you set up in PL menu or PLC program, there never will be an output or the ability to control anything. It´s an input card for measurement.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1943371

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1947905

I thought from those threads that it was possible? Maybe im missing something or dont really know the use of the plm-adin

I think you are completely wrong. They talk about to recognize the switching of the valve (controlled from whatever) and use it as input signal for the Profilux. For that, the ADIN card is the right device.

Not knowing the valve contacts, I think #7 and #8 are potential free helper contacts for signaling only.

so if magnetic switches open or close, the adin cannot recognize it?

so if magnetic switches open or close, the adin cannot recognize it?
    ADIN can recognize analog and digital inputs, so if there is a helping contact inside the magnetic switch: Yes, otherwise: No.

Sorry the pin you ave to use is 2, 3, 4, 5 + 8

is it 2-5 plus 8? or any wires 2-5 plus 8?

2 - Input 1
    3 - Input 2
    4 - Input 3
    5 - Input 4

just pick one

Thank you so much boboxx! Now when I open my door to my stand the profilux turns on a socket which turns on a light in order to see in the stand. I need it in case of emergencies or to make quick adjustments in the stand.

One last question, for voltage 2 i have these settings:

Nominal value 0.8, Current Value shows 0.8, Hystersis 0.05, activity: enable, signal filter: 5 (medium). Does everything look okay?

Also, if I want to connect another switch, would I just connect one wire to 8, and the other wire to 2-5 that isn't already being used?

Thank you for all the help!! I appreciate it.

** I also have my socket to: Voltage 2 Increase
    Last edited by unbreakable; 26.12.2010 at 06:59.