Thread: P2 Terra and wireless

Default P2 Terra and wireless

I'm about to order a P2 Terra for my vivarium/paludarium and I understand the Wireless function is optional so I would assume I need the WLAN expansion card. I just registered here in order to confirm that. I dont want any surprises when I get the package
    And it would probably be safe to get teh cable to get everything going in case WLAN doesnt hook up.

I was also wondering if the P3 iPhone app would work for the Terra with WLAN, has anyone tried ?

I went looking for the items directly in the GHL online store instead of the retailer and couldn't find the WLAN card there ... after some digging it seems it was taken out of the productline because there were quite some problems with it, also it lists the models in which it would have been applicable, but the Terra isnt listed. I'm even more uncertain this is an option

Quote Originally Posted by Archid View Post
    I went looking for the items directly in the GHL online store instead of the retailer and couldn't find the WLAN card there ... after some digging it seems it was taken out of the productline because there were quite some problems with it, also it lists the models in which it would have been applicable, but the Terra isnt listed. I'm even more uncertain this is an option
    from what I understand its no longer available

It´s outdated and no longer in normal sale. See http://translate.google.de/translate...uf-Restbestand (german part of forum / automatic translation by Google)

Also it looks like it´s still available - as a residual item, see http://www.ghl-store.com/reduzierte-.../plm-wlan.html (sorry, german only)

Quote Originally Posted by Archid View Post
    Please note that you can't combine WLAN and the ProfiLux II Terra, since the Terra doesn't provide any extension slots. Here you can only connect with a PC via our serial cable (this comes along with the computer).
    As an alternative, you could take a ProfiLux Plus II in combination with a PLM-Humidity-Temp-card and a WLAN-card, then you would have a "bigger Terra".
    There are only few items left of the WLAN-card in our store: http://www.ghl-store.com/reduzierte-...ten/index.html
    But we recommend to buy this card only if you are very well familiar with your PC and networks...you should read in any case this instruction before you decide to buy this card:
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...N_WLAN_eng.pdf
    In order to use the Iphone app with a ProfiLux II you must have a PC that is permanently on.
    Last edited by GHL Support; 20.12.2010 at 16:25.

Thank you for this confirmation Carolin, this is what I was afraid of.
    I'm not worried about the config of the WLAN, I am experienced with these things, but when I think about it, it's a lot of trouble and money to get it done.
    The P2 Plus is €20 more, the WLAN card another €110 and then the sensor seperately is another €90. This plus all the other supplies I need would make the bill a bit to much for me. I think I will settle for the Terra and make due with the basic cable and the old laptop I can sacrifice for this purpose