Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your most wanted feature !

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    have the descrition for poewerbar doser and 1-10v stored on the Profilux. so that if you connect from multiple computer you alway know what you are controling
    All Dicriptions stored on the profilux.

Is this ever gonna happen in the future.....??
    This is really the only thing with annoys the crap out of me regarding the Profilux3

I would like to see the removal of the Profilux Control application alltogether. All configuration to be performed on the web interface.

This would make the device client agnostic allowing management from what ever device you happen to use (eg. iPAD, Windows PC, Mac etc).
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 02.04.2011 at 10:35.

+1
    / ganesh

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    I would like to see the removal of the Profilux Control application alltogether. All configuration to be performed on the web interface.

This would make the device client agnostic allowing management from what ever device you happen to use (eg. iPAD, Windows PC, Mac etc).
    Absolutely!

Let me also add firmware updates over Ethernet

Apple is out pacing the PC market now, when is the last time Apple put a serial connection on a MAC, 1990s? You can't find many new PCs that have 232 card anymore.

+1.
    it‘s about time
    / ganesh

Profilux3 has a USB onboard........

Quote Originally Posted by reefkeeps View Post
    Absolutely!

when is the last time Apple put a serial connection on a MAC, 1990s? You can't find many new PCs that have 232 card anymore.

Dont corrupt your firmware because you wont be able to use teh USB to reload a new firmware

Quote Originally Posted by mdanielse View Post
    Profilux3 has a USB onboard........
    It's a start but it's not a replacement for ethernet.

Also, it would be nice if GHL would share the the pin out for the VSL-5 cable vs having to order one from another country.

While I'm wishing, it would be very kewl to have a US distributor.

pfff , your all asking stuff thats notpossible or already there
    They need to implement my request pppp

- firmware update via ethernet ? => its not possible because of the network stack (I believe I red this on the forum )
    and why via ethernet ? usb via serial it works everytime !!! be honest you really want to update your controller from your phone or ipad ???? ttssssssss use a comp

- full web interfact => agreed it would be nice and the threads (I want mac support would also dissappear ))) but plc works and ghl prolly invested alot into PLC6
    furthermore as long as the webinterface is not secure its not smart to use it via the internet or untrusted networks without 3rd party tools like vpn or ssl proxy etc...

- naming socket => again agreed I would also be happy if it was there , but that data is stored in PLC and not in P3 (space limitations it seems )

no no no => they need to focus on socket tracking !!!!!! I want to know how long my sockets run FS !!!!!

ps: GHL can you send me your bankaccount so I can send some bribe money ? ))))

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    - firmware update via ethernet ? => its not possible because of the network stack (I believe I red this on the forum )
    Are you saying it's a limitation of the network protocall, it's not. It's very possible and commonly done...

and why via ethernet ?
    it doesn't have to be Ethernet, I'll take wireless or bluetooth,

be honest you really want to update your controller from your phone or ipad ???? ttssssssss use a comp
    It's a mobile world and the market leading devices are all made by Apple, if you can't fight them, join them.

- full web interfact => agreed it would be nice and the threads (I want mac support would also dissappear ))) but plc works and ghl prolly invested alot into PLC6
    furthermore as long as the webinterface is not secure its not smart to use it via the internet or untrusted networks without 3rd party tools like vpn or ssl proxy etc...

LOL, let's be real, the PLC products will always have a place and frankly that IS a competitive advantage GHL has, I wouldn't stop production on that, I would add a more robust web interface. The security part is kinda funny, do you not use on line banking, pay for items with your CC, do you connect to your bank with VPN? Of course not....

Regarding the MAC support, I was lead to believe it was supported via the Web....

- naming socket => again agreed I would also be happy if it was there , but that data is stored in PLC and not in P3 (space limitations it seems )
    Agreed, needs to be stored on the P3, how much space does this really take, storage is cheap....

no no no => they need to focus on socket tracking !!!!!! I want to know how long my sockets run FS !!!!!
    Kewl idea, but at the bottom of this as it should be

ps: GHL can you send me your bankaccount so I can send some bribe money ? ))))
    Are you going to connect to it via VPN?