Thread: ati Sunpower on profilux

Default ati Sunpower on profilux

Ok here is what i want to do. I want to get a profilux computer but feel i wont get the full use of it without having dimmable lights. So my plan is to replace the ballasts in the sunpower with dimmable dali ballasts. Does anybody know the wiring of dali. I mean is it just the one two core cable that controls all three ballasts and connects to the dali card.

is it just the one two core cable that controls all three ballasts and connects to the dali card.
    Yes. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...ting_Interface

Thank you for the reply Wirus. So i can simply replace the exsisting power cord cable with a new one that runs 5 cadles or are dali cables special cables. Sorry if i sound stupid.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding: DALI cable is for control purposes only. The power cord is needed too.

I mean i can replace the power cord cable with a 5 core cable. 3 cores for the power supply and earth and the other two as the dali connections as a dali cale can be ran beside a power cable without having an effect on the signal

It´s possible and also done by some installers, but I wouldn´t do so.
    Last edited by Wirus; 31.07.2011 at 20:17.

Well it states in the link you posted that it can be done. I wouldn't be doing the wiring myself as my brother is a electrical engineer and he would be doing all the wiring and replacing the ballasts.