Thread: Can I connect ATI lamp to your controller?

Default Can I connect ATI lamp to your controller?

This question has been asked recently.

Yes, you can, if the lamp has a dimmable ballast with 1-10V-interface.

The control line of the lamp must be connected to one of the 1-10V ports of the ProfiLux controller (L1 ... Lx) and the power supply of the lamp must be shut off at 0% brightness in order to switch off the tubes completely.

This can be achieved by using our products LBF-AP, EVG-AP or LF-ABOX.
    Please read more about these products on our product site:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...cessories.html
    LBF-AP does not have an integrated shut-off for the power supply, in this case you can use a socket of our powerbar which is programmed accordingly.

Manual for EVG-AP:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...G-AP2_V400.pdf

Hi Matthias,

I have had a few Ati's and they have all worked perfectly with the EVG-AP2F card. My recent one which is a 8x80w unit is having a few problems and i'm not sure if it's a ballast or the card.

Basically the unit has 4 ballasts.
    Channel 1 of the EVG card has 1 ballast on it (this is how Ati wire the control lines).
    Channel 2 of the EVG card has 3 ballasts on it (this is how Ati wire the control lines).
    The unit work fine but sometimes when i come home from work the middle 2 bulbs are off. These are on channel 2 and run off the same ballast. If i dim the unit down to 0 then back on it works perfectly again. If i just sit there adjusting the light up and down without turning them off it continues to work fine. They also stay on every time if i set channel 2 to non dimmable.

Is the relay in the EVG card playing up in someway? If it is how come it's only 1 ballast and always the middle 2 bulbs? Do you think it is a fault with the ballast?
    Last edited by chiefzod; 29.06.2009 at 09:12.

So does anyone know if the ballasts that come in the ATI fixtures are dimmable ?? I just sent out an email to ATI to check on it, but havent heard back. I'm looking into their 6x39w fixture, I still havent decided if Im going with the SunPower or PowerModule but Im really wanting to get into a dimmable T5 fixture....

Quote Originally Posted by badazztealcobra View Post
    So does anyone know if the ballasts that come in the ATI fixtures are dimmable ?? I just sent out an email to ATI to check on it, but havent heard back. I'm looking into their 6x39w fixture, I still havent decided if Im going with the SunPower or PowerModule but Im really wanting to get into a dimmable T5 fixture....
    Only Powermodule are available in dimmable version, but when you go to your retailer, you have to tell him you want it dimmable 1-10V
    GHL Iberia

PERFECT....

Im waiting to hear back from Aqua Digital on pricing for a FM starfire as well....

I figure as long as Im going to a T5 setup I might as well take advantage of the dimming features.

Yeahhh, it's better to buy it with dimmable ballasts installed on it better than to change them after
    GHL Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by badazztealcobra View Post
    Hi,

Yes, ATI make dimmable Power Module fixtures. I have an 8x80W however not sure about the dimmable versions for the US. I know for a fact that the 8x80W dimmable PM are due to be released in the US next year.

If you don't hear from ATI, let me know and I can forward you the e-mail address of the production manager at ATI. Very nice guy who can help answer your questions.

Cheers
    Andrew