Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simu L: moonlight flashing

Default Simu L: moonlight flashing

Using 2 Simu L in L3,4 port via splitter

L3= sunlight
    L4= moonlight
    SL1= Simu L1 (1st Simu L)
    SL2= Simu L2 (2nd Simu L)

Sunlight is working great in both Simu L.

If i manually dimm L3,4 both sunrise & moonlight works great in both Simu L.

If only 1 Simu L is conected to the splitter, is working great, no matter in which port of the spliter is connected or which Simu L is connected.

The problem is only in the moonlight when both Simu L are conected, the one is flashing & the other is not working:

If I plug the SL1 and then plug SL2 to the spliter, SL2 is not working & makes SL1 flashing.
    If I plug the SL2 and then plug SL1 to the spliter, SL1 is not working & makes SL2 flashing.
    (Doesn't matter in wich port of the spliter, the Simu L that is second conected will not work & will make the first flash).

I am using extension cable and splitter, not from Ghl, as theese were wet and needed to be changed. Also., I have change the jacks with new ones due to moister.

I have triple check the jacks ( it goes green, yellow, orrange, red, brown, black) but it seems that something I did wrong in the connections.

But if I did something wrong in the connections, will still both Simu work o.k. when manually dimmed? Or when only the one is connected to the splitter?

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

so both Simu are working correctly if they are connected directly (only one) to L1L2?

there are the options left:
    - the splitter or extension cable is not compatible or defective - use a genuine part from GHL
    - the wet splitter damaged the L-port and the port is no more abel to drive to Simus at the same time
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yesterday I notice that the flashing started at 00:00.
    (Both worked drom 22:30 till 00:00 & then the one get off & the other started flashing).

Since all the problems till now with Profi 3ex are because a missuse by me, could you please check theese screenshots?

I don't know what I can check here - even if a setting would be incorrect this would not cause a flashing
    it seems illumination 4 = interface 4 = moon, right? then I assume you swapped the channels in the Simus

happens something else on 0:00 - maybe there is a dependence with another event? what does Illumination 3 ?

I still don't get the whole picture and I have no idea what's happening
    - in manual mode both channels work correctly, even over a splitter?
    - it is possible to operate both channels independently and 2 x 100%, 100% + 0% and 0% + 100% and 2 x 0% is working correctly?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I don't know what I can check here - even if a setting would be incorrect this would not cause a flashing
    it seems illumination 4 = interface 4 = moon, right? then I assume you swapped the channels in the Simus
    Yes, I have. L4 gives blue Leds & L3 gives Red/orrange Leds.

happens something else on 0:00 - maybe there is a dependence with another event? what does Illumination 3 ?
    Programm logic to start O3 at 00:00 (the other parameter is if RDX is less than 300mV).

I still don't get the whole picture and I have no idea what's happening
    - in manual mode both channels work correctly, even over a splitter?
    Yes, that's correct. Working great on manual mode even over a splitter.

- it is possible to operate both channels independently and 2 x 100%, 100% + 0% and 0% + 100% and 2 x 0% is working correctly?
    I didn't understand the last one.

In the simulation screenshot, there is a Start & End time (Start 10:30 pm End 09:00 am) different than the L4 settings (Start 09:30 pm End 07:00 am).

Now I have change theese settings, make them the same.

it is possible to operate both channels independently and 2 x 100%, 100% + 0% and 0% + 100% and 2 x 0% is working correctly?
    the question was if all these combinations are working correctly when you change the brightness manually (light scenes or on the ProfiLux und er manual illumination)

the question was if all these combinations are working correctly when you change the brightness manually (light scenes or on the ProfiLux und er manual illumination)
    Yes, all combinations from PC working corectly (manually).

Nothing change with the new settings.
    I am going to buy one of your spliters & try again.

then I doubt that it is a problem with the splitter

is it possible that interferences from other devices trigger the flashes?

what kind of flashes are happening - are these the flashes you know from the thunderstorms? or is the Simu just switchin on/off all the time?

then I doubt that it is a problem with the splitter

is it possible that interferences from other devices trigger the flashes?

what kind of flashes are happening - are these the flashes you know from the thunderstorms? or is the Simu just switchin on/off all the time?
    It is like switching on/off all the time. Only in moonlight.
    Yesterday the moonlight was steady for an hour or so, and then the one went out & the other start flashing.

Flashes from thundertorms works manually if in sunlight mode.

Just did a manual storm (both Sunlight & moonlight are off now) & worked great (blue & white leds from both Simu flashes).
    Last edited by almost; 08.12.2010 at 18:14.

maybe we loose too much voltage over the extension cable

I think you should try our splitter without an extra extension and then we go from there