Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect using LAN card

Default Cannot connect using LAN card

I am having a similiar issue to other users in trying to connect to the profilux II unit over my LAN.

I installed the LAN card into Slot 1 and configured the card with an ip address of 192.168.0.14 using the front panel of the profilux.

Using the profilux control software I cannot connect to the unit even though it is visible on the network and I can connect using the ip address in a browser, which allows me to reconfigure the ip address and saves this information to the card.

I have tried to auto configure the ip address, still unable to connect. I have moved the LAN card to slot 2 still unable to connect.

I have tried a direct connection to the profilux, bypassing any routers or switches and have disabled the firewall on the computer.

The only thing I am unsure of is the device address so I have tired connecting using address # 1, 2 and 3.

I believe the issue is not related to my network configuration as the device appears on the network and I can connect to it sucesfully using the inbuilt server.

did you change the baudrate in the inbuilt server and/or in Profilux?

another idea - we noticed that there is a problem with some routers/switches if the LAN card uses "auto negotiation" for the LAN speed

Please change this setting in the Lantronix built-in server:
    Network - ethernet configuration
    disable "Auto negotiate"
    chose 10MBps
    click OK
    click Apply settings

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    did you change the baudrate in the inbuilt server and/or in Profilux?

another idea - we noticed that there is a problem with some routers/switches if the LAN card uses "auto negotiation" for the LAN speed

Please change this setting in the Lantronix built-in server:
    Network - ethernet configuration
    disable "Auto negotiate"
    chose 10MBps
    click OK
    click Apply settings
    No I did not change the Baud rate at all.

I have changed the configuration to 10 Mbps and still cannot connect.

If the card is plugged into the middle slot on my profilux what Device Address should I select in the software?

Also the paperwork mention a program call redirector from www.lantronix.com to provide a Virtual COM-Port but this is not mentioned in the downloaded instructions, do I need this software?

the device address is usually 1, independent from the used slot
    you don`t need the redirector, actually this part of software is included in ProfiLuxControl when you use "TCP/IP" under connection settings

The port 10001 is used for transmitting data to ProfiLux - is there maybe a firewall which blocks this port? If you can see the built-in server you access standard port 80, so this means even if you see the server it is still possible that the other communication does not work.

the device address is usually 1, independent from the used slot
    you don`t need the redirector, actually this part of software is included in ProfiLuxControl when you use "TCP/IP" under connection settings

The port 10001 is used for transmitting data to ProfiLux - is there maybe a firewall which blocks this port? If you can see the built-in server you access standard port 80, so this means even if you see the server it is still possible that the other communication does not work.
    As per original post, I have directly connected to the profilux LAN car with no routers or firewalls involved, still unable to connect.

I have tried to connect using the USB interface I previously used and that too is now failing to connect, even though it was previously working perfectly.

I am unable to check the Serial port connection as I do not have a computer with a serial port.

At this time I am unable to connect using any interface.

Then you need a cross over cable to connect directly, it will not work without

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

[QUOTE=aqua_digital;1655]Then you need a cross over cable to connect directly, it will not work without[/QUOTE

I did use a crossover cable when I directly connected

I will ask matthias to assist you directly.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

"As per original post, I have directly connected to the profilux LAN car with no routers or firewalls involved, still unable to connect."
    -> I meant the windows firewall (not a hardware firewall) - is it deactivated

"I have tried to connect using the USB interface I previously used and that too is now failing to connect, even though it was previously working perfectly. "
    -> this is trange, it worked and now it doesn`t work any more? What was changed? PC-software, firmware-update, operating system?
    Please let us find from what event on the trouble started and let us go from there

"As per original post, I have directly connected to the profilux LAN car with no routers or firewalls involved, still unable to connect."
    -> I meant the windows firewall (not a hardware firewall) - is it deactivated

Windows Firewall deactivated, and no hardware firewall at all.

"I have tried to connect using the USB interface I previously used and that too is now failing to connect, even though it was previously working perfectly. "
    -> this is trange, it worked and now it doesn`t work any more? What was changed? PC-software, firmware-update, operating system?
    Please let us find from what event on the trouble started and let us go from there
    I have tried it using both WinXP and WIndows 7 RC. The USB connection worked perfectly until I removed it to install the LAN card. I re-installed the USB Card so I could use the software while I sorted out what was wrong with the LAN connection. I have tried the USB card in every slot as I did with the LAN card.

I was using Version 4.0.5.0 of ProfiluxControl but downloaded 4.0.6.1 to see if that fixed the issue.