Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot connect using LAN card

and the firmware version has not changed meanwhile?

I can't imgine how it should happen that 2 cards become defective at the same time without any reason. Did you make a "hotplugging"?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    and the firmware version has not changed meanwhile?

I can't imgine how it should happen that 2 cards become defective at the same time without any reason. Did you make a "hotplugging"?
    OK, I found a computer with a Serial port and was unable to connect using the serial port either. I have done a complete factory reset on the profilux and the serial port and USB port are now operational.

The LAN connection is still not working.

No I have not changed the Firmware as it is at the latest stable version.

at least USB and RS232 are working again

I think you changed the device address (standard is 1), maybe accidentaly, and after factory reset the address was again 1 and ProfiLuxControl was able to establish a connection.
    Can you confirm that the device address in ProfiLux (can be checked under menu extras->communication on the device itself) and ProfiLuxControl are matching?

It is clear that the slot where the PLM-USB is plugged in is working correctly. In order to avoid a mixture of hardware and settings problems could you try the PLM-LAN in this slot?
    It must work. EACH SINGLE PLM-xxx leaves our house 100% tested.
    Before proceeding please assign a static IP-address to the PLM-LAN which fits to your PCs IP-address (can be done on the device)

The only things which are left now are:
    - trouble with the Windows firewall
    - defective card for some reason

at least USB and RS232 are working again

I think you changed the device address (standard is 1), maybe accidentaly, and after factory reset the address was again 1 and ProfiLuxControl was able to establish a connection.
    Can you confirm that the device address in ProfiLux (can be checked under menu extras->communication on the device itself) and ProfiLuxControl are matching?

It is clear that the slot where the PLM-USB is plugged in is working correctly. In order to avoid a mixture of hardware and settings problems could you try the PLM-LAN in this slot?
    It must work. EACH SINGLE PLM-xxx leaves our house 100% tested.
    Before proceeding please assign a static IP-address to the PLM-LAN which fits to your PCs IP-address (can be done on the device)

The only things which are left now are:
    - trouble with the Windows firewall
    - defective card for some reason

I have plugged the LAN card into the same slot the USB card was in and still unable to connect. I have also tried all of the other slots as well.

I have assigned a static ip address of 192.168.0.14 which is on the same subnet as my computers.

I have also tested with automatically assigning IP address, still unable to connect.

The computer I have directly connected is going through a switch directly to the Profilux and the Windows firewall is disabled and also disconnected directly from the computers LAN interface so it cannot interfere.

I am afraid at this time the only thing left is a faulty LAN card.

I think we are at the point where you should contact your retailer because I have no more ideas, sorry
    If your retailer has questions regarding the further procedure he should contact me directly via email.

I think we are at the point where you should contact your retailer because I have no more ideas, sorry
    If your retailer has questions regarding the further procedure he should contact me directly via email.
    Hi Matthias

I agree, I have returned the card to my retailer, he is going to return it to be checked.

Thanks for your assistance.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pjcook View Post
    Hi Matthias

I agree, I have returned the card to my retailer, he is going to return it to be checked.

Thanks for your assistance.

Peter
    Hi Matthias

I have received the replacement LAN card today, installed and connected first time without a hitch.

Regards

Peter Cook

glad to hear!