Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manual dosing more than 8 times a day

Have you noticed since your dosing for the 24 hours that you are using more part 1 & 2 ? More then you use to when you dosed only once a day cause I use to dose 34 mls and 38 mls once a day. May be whats why my sps didnt color up so much.. But now Im up to 75 mls and 82 mls for the 24 hours.. What do you use to dose the 2 part?

No, I use the same amount...lol I use BRS two part, and weekly water changes with aquavitro salinity. Maybe your corals actually started using more since they are getting shocked by a huge once daily dose.

I never dosed manually. Just figured it out for a week, and started dosing with the pumps. Manual dosing is way too much work.

yeah thats why I only did it once a day and now I got the pumps cause it started being a pain!!!! yeah maybe everything is waking up cause now the tank is getting the right alk and cal for the whole day not just in one shot.... But I think I am going to have to bump it up some more tonight cause my cal is holding at 380 ppm and I want it some where around 400 to 450... the alk is holding at 9.6 which that is ok but going to shoot for 10.. on the salifurt test kits on both alk and cal..

I would raise it to the levels you want manually over a few days, and see if it holds there with the same dosing schedule. Never raise your levels by increasing your dosing with the pumps. Those are there to maintain your levels, not raise them. If you raise them with the pumps, then you'll continue to raise them, and overdose your tank.

I would be willing to bet that when you get them stable at the levels you want, the daily dose you have will keep it steady.

Also make sure your water changes are not accidentally lowering your levels due to being a bad quality salt.

Well what I did was run it the first few days with it set to dose thru the 24 hours 34 mls of part 1 (alk) & 38 mls of part 2 (cal) which was what I was dosing in one shot every day. But it wouldn't hold both were all over the place so I kept bumping it up. But its alot more then what it was. So now at about 82 mls with in the 24 hours of the dosing its now (cal) 380 ppm everytime I check it. so im thinking I have to bump up the dose per hour and get it to 400 to 450 and it should hold once I figure out the right number to dose.. I think if I manually dose to get it to 450 and not add the right dose per hour I will lose that level. I do water changes every 2 weeks and I use the new brightwell salt. I think thats a good salt.

If your reading is the same each time, that means you have the perfect amount being dosed to your tank. Leave it alone. What you need to do is now manually add enough to get your tank to 450PPM, and then your current dose will keep you there.

So just keep letting the doser do its thing, and add enough manually over the corse of a day or two to bring up your calcium to 450ppm. Then, you'll be good to go.

Ok I put everything back to where it was in the morning I will leave it alone for a day cause I have to work monday. But I did bring my alk up to 9.9 manually and the cal up to 410 ppm. So we will see where the numbers are on tuesday..