Thread: Manual dosing more than 8 times a day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Manual dosing more than 8 times a day

Ok, so I have tried using the automatic dosing for a while, and I don't like it. It doses Alk, and calcium way to close together, and I am getting a buildup of calcium carbonate around my dosing area.

I have never had to use the programmable logic. How would I go about setting up my alk solution doser to run off of 3 different timers? I need to spread out this dose 24 different times to keep my PH steady, so I need my alk to run off of timers 1, 2, and 3.

Here is some background info...

Manual dosing will only let me dose 8 times in a 24 hour period. With auto dosing I can go 24 times which is great, but it doses each solution one only 1 minute apart. I am getting a huge buildup of calcium carbonate in my sump because of this, and consequently, am having to dose more than needed.

With the alk solution I am using my PH will jump way to high if I only dose 8 times a day like manual dosing allows, so I need to spread my alk dose out considerably to keep the PH stable.

So, my thought was to use the programmable logic to make my alk dose use 3 timers. this way I can make 24 doses in one 24 hour period, and my PH will keep steady.

So, is there a way to us ethe programmable logic to make 1 doser work on 3 seperate timers?

It´s not very difficult:
    • program the the tree timer as you need it (further called 1,2,3)
    • open a gate of programmable logic (further called G1)
    • select OR as function
    • select timer 1 for input 1
    • select timer 2 for input 2
    • save & close gate G1
    • open an other gate of programmable logic (further called G2)
    • select OR as function
    • select Programmable logic 1 for input 1
    • select timer 3 for input 2
    • save & close gate G2
    • assign the gate G2 to your dosing pump

Thank you soooo much! Got it all taken care of. Now I can finally rest easy knowing my sump isn't going to get calcium build up, and my PH will be stable.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    It´s not very difficult:
    • program the the tree timer as you need it (further called 1,2,3)
    • open a gate of programmable logic (further called G1)
    • select OR as function
    • select timer 1 for input 1
    • select timer 2 for input 2
    • save & close gate G1
    • open an other gate of programmable logic (further called G2)
    • select OR as function
    • select Programmable logic 1 for input 1
    • select timer 3 for input 2
    • save & close gate G2
    • assign the gate G2 to your dosing pump
    Now how would you do this for your swcond pump? Because this would work for me on my ALK on pump 1 but I also would need the Cal on pump 2 to run every hour and dose like (use 3 timers) also.

What I did was start with timer 4, and follow the same flow for the second pump. I did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rostato View Post
    What I did was start with timer 4, and follow the same flow for the second pump. I did the same thing.
    But did you use G3 and G4 for timer 4,5,6?
    And how did you assign it to you pumps S1 for pump #1 and S2 for pump #2? cause when I did it and when it came time to assign S1 there wasnt nothing in the drop down box for G1 or G2.

Yes G3, and G4. I used programmable logic 2 for my first pump, and programmable logic 4 for my second.
    To be perfectly honest, I have no clue if it is working corectly. I am not going to sit in front of my tank, and wait to see if it comes on every hour....