Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manual dosing more than 8 times a day

Default Manual dosing more than 8 times a day

Ok, so I have tried using the automatic dosing for a while, and I don't like it. It doses Alk, and calcium way to close together, and I am getting a buildup of calcium carbonate around my dosing area.

I have never had to use the programmable logic. How would I go about setting up my alk solution doser to run off of 3 different timers? I need to spread out this dose 24 different times to keep my PH steady, so I need my alk to run off of timers 1, 2, and 3.

Here is some background info...

Manual dosing will only let me dose 8 times in a 24 hour period. With auto dosing I can go 24 times which is great, but it doses each solution one only 1 minute apart. I am getting a huge buildup of calcium carbonate in my sump because of this, and consequently, am having to dose more than needed.

With the alk solution I am using my PH will jump way to high if I only dose 8 times a day like manual dosing allows, so I need to spread my alk dose out considerably to keep the PH stable.

So, my thought was to use the programmable logic to make my alk dose use 3 timers. this way I can make 24 doses in one 24 hour period, and my PH will keep steady.

So, is there a way to us ethe programmable logic to make 1 doser work on 3 seperate timers?

It´s not very difficult:
    • program the the tree timer as you need it (further called 1,2,3)
    • open a gate of programmable logic (further called G1)
    • select OR as function
    • select timer 1 for input 1
    • select timer 2 for input 2
    • save & close gate G1
    • open an other gate of programmable logic (further called G2)
    • select OR as function
    • select Programmable logic 1 for input 1
    • select timer 3 for input 2
    • save & close gate G2
    • assign the gate G2 to your dosing pump

Thank you soooo much! Got it all taken care of. Now I can finally rest easy knowing my sump isn't going to get calcium build up, and my PH will be stable.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    It´s not very difficult:
    • program the the tree timer as you need it (further called 1,2,3)
    • open a gate of programmable logic (further called G1)
    • select OR as function
    • select timer 1 for input 1
    • select timer 2 for input 2
    • save & close gate G1
    • open an other gate of programmable logic (further called G2)
    • select OR as function
    • select Programmable logic 1 for input 1
    • select timer 3 for input 2
    • save & close gate G2
    • assign the gate G2 to your dosing pump
    Now how would you do this for your swcond pump? Because this would work for me on my ALK on pump 1 but I also would need the Cal on pump 2 to run every hour and dose like (use 3 timers) also.

What I did was start with timer 4, and follow the same flow for the second pump. I did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rostato View Post
    What I did was start with timer 4, and follow the same flow for the second pump. I did the same thing.
    But did you use G3 and G4 for timer 4,5,6?
    And how did you assign it to you pumps S1 for pump #1 and S2 for pump #2? cause when I did it and when it came time to assign S1 there wasnt nothing in the drop down box for G1 or G2.

Yes G3, and G4. I used programmable logic 2 for my first pump, and programmable logic 4 for my second.
    To be perfectly honest, I have no clue if it is working corectly. I am not going to sit in front of my tank, and wait to see if it comes on every hour....

lol well if you know what time they are suppose to come on you can get there to see if it works... also you can check your alk and cal and if they are steady then you know ts working.... but thats all up to you....
    How did you assign G2 to pump1 and G4 to pump 2?

Here you go...the pumps are on S7, and S8 Hope this helps. I am going to set my alarm tomorrow, and see if it is turning on at specific times.

ok great im going to check it tomorrow and see where my alk and cal levels are and how its holding with the 8 times a day dosing and then ill decide if im going to try it like yours is. I dont remember if i saw pro logic was an option on my drop down to assign it to S1 thats why I think I didnt set it last night.. let me know tomorrow if yours is working right for you..