Thread: Physical connection of ProfiLux 3 + 3 Expansion Box + Powerbar 6D PAB

Default Physical connection of ProfiLux 3 + 3 Expansion Box + Powerbar 6D PAB

Hello,

I'm setting up a Profilux 3 computer for controlling and monitoring several parameters on a scientific experiment. For this purpose I've installed already all the equipment and want to know the best way to physical connect all this equipment? Right now all the powerbar are acting if just one exist, I can't control all the 36 individual sockets.

For aditional information I did with success the instalation of all the extension cards. The system has 8 tanks and 8 semi-individual sumps and I want to control and monitor these parameters:
    - 8 pH (up and down)
    - 8 Temp. (up and down)
    - 8 water level

Thank you

here you can find a manual for PAB , but in the end you have a daisy change of all pab devices
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...n_PAB_V500.pdf

But before you start to setup everything I would make sure you have the final FW on all devices ( P3 ex , powerbar , exbox)

remark:
    - some PAB actions require to have only 1 PAB device attached ( FW upgrade etc... )
    - configuring PAB can only be done via the P3 for the moment ( once configured you can use the PC software)
    - after you setup everthing correctly you might want to backup the settings and sensor settings.
    to avoid redoing everything when something goes wrong.

Hello,

After setting up a daisy connection with all PAB devices and after using the ProfiLux 3 to configure all the 3 Expansion Box and 6 Powerbar 6D PAB (using only PAB cables) and also after installing the latest firmware (P3 FW v5.06, EB FW v1.03, Powerbar 6D PAB FW v1.04) I continue having problems to correctly identify all the individual sockets in the ProfiLux Control (5.0.7).

Here is my daisy connection: PB(1) - PB(2) - PB(3) - P3 - EB - EB - EB - PB(4) - PB(5) - PB(6) (PB=Powerbar 6D PAB, P3 = ProfiLux 3, EB = Expansion Box)

Is my daisy connection correct?

Can you help me with the ProfiLux Control correct settings so I can individualy dentify all the 36 sockets and assign them functions?

Thank you

the order in the daisy-chain doesn't matter

-> you have so set the "start number" for each of the powerbars (e.g. 1, 7, ...)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Mathias.

I have only one more question regarding one of the Powerbars 6D PAB. In that Powerbar I tried to do the firmware upgrade, don't receive any error message but in the end of the process the FW version remain the 1.03 (and not the 1.04). What should I do to fix this problem?

Regards

after updating the firmware you should reset the PAB subsystem and assign the devices again
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello,

I did all the connections and now I can see at the ProfiLux Control software all the devices attached. Now I want to callibrate all the 8 pH probes but I'm having a hard time doing the correct correspondence between the probes and the correct number at the P3. Wich is the pH probe number 1 and wich is the pH probe number 8?

Thank you.

Sound a lot like my set up, I have 4 electrode in each sump x4 you can check the pub address pressing on system in PFC