Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PII LAN CONNECTION + e-mail

Default PII LAN CONNECTION + sending e-mail

I have PII Plus product. I have PLM-LAN card installed, and connected to adsl router. But couldn't make the adjustments. Can you help me for adjustments step by step. I have searched for tech documents but couldn't find.

What I specially want is;
    - System will send mail in a specified time.
    - Want to reach by internet from everywhere to see the datas.
    Thanks

Last edited by ebaygul; 22.11.2010 at 10:29.

first of all: be carefull that the lan interface PLM-LAN is NOT the same as the buildin Lan port in the P3

The P3 is far more advanced.
    The PLM-lan card can be used to configure etc... and send email via PLC (software on pc)
    I don't know if the PLM-lan can send standalone emails (because you need smtp functionalities on the lan card), or if there is a webserver ( I don't think so)

Others should be able to help here. I never had a PLM-LAN card when I had a P2ex
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 22.11.2010 at 19:16.

With a PLM-LAN you are able to connect with ProfiLuxControl to the ProfiLux over Ethernet.

The PLN-LAN has no webserver, smtp (mail), ntp, ... therefore the ProfiLux is not able to send emails.

The only solution for PL2 is to connect a PC with PLC to the ProfiLux (via RS232, USB, LAN). PLC is able to send emails on the PC.

dear all

thanks for your consideration. But I am really upset. If I could connect via computer to this p2, why did I buy plm-lan card?
    I can buy usb unit, cheaper than that. Does lan cable has advantage to send data further?
    To connect directly by internet do I have to buy p3? Is there any other way to upgrade p2 to connect directly from internet?
    Waiting your help soon.
    And hope to give me happy news.

Does lan cable has advantage to send data further?
    Ethernet enables longer cables and the ability to route the PLC connection from internet (port forwarding for 10001 neccessary)

To connect directly by internet do I have to buy p3? Is there any other way to upgrade p2 to connect directly from internet?
    There´s an upgrade kit for PL2 plus (Ex) to PL3 (ex) - but it has to be installed by an approved dealer. Part no. is PL-0719

1-Is the upgrade code PL-0719 or PL-0658? which one is the right one cause I will import from Germany?
    2-After this upgrade pl2 plus will have all the features as pl3? If not what are the absent features?
    3-Only connecting router will I able to reach directly from internet and able to send email?
    4-Can I connect DALI and LAN card to the upgraded unit? Will there be any disadvantages?

Waiting your help

thanks

1-Is the upgrade code PL-0719 or PL-0658? which one is the right one cause I will import from Germany?
    Code PL-658 may be an old code. It´s not present on GHL store (I think PL-0719 is the replacement)
    2-After this upgrade pl2 plus will have all the features as pl3? If not what are the absent features?
    It´s a PL3 then
    3-Only connecting router will I able to reach directly from internet and able to send email?
    Yes. But at the moment the direct emailing from PL3 doesn´t support values (coming soon)
    4-Can I connect DALI and LAN card to the upgraded unit?
    Yes. But LAN card isn´t neccessary due PL3 has a build-in LAN port (different to LAN card it supports direct web access to the build-in webserver
    Will there be any disadvantages?
    It costs money and it´s not that easy to retrofit from PL2 to PL3 (that´s why only approved dealers should do this)

Thanks for your answer Wirus. But waiting for some more comments. Especially from GHL Support Team

Yeah , it might be better to sell the PLM-lan card because it becomes unless in the P3

GHL Support Team more comments please.