Thread: Conductivity vs density

Default Conductivity vs density

Hello,

When measuring using conductivity I get a measurement around 51.3. When I switch to density I get a value of 1.0237. I was told that I should be aiming for a value of 1.025. If I do this the value in conductivity goes to high. I cannot have a value of conductivity of 50 and a density of 1.025. Are there any references that address this discrepancy? Is there a simple explanation?

Thanks,

Bryan

the conversion conductivity <-> density depends also on the temperature, so the mentioned relation is not complete

at 25°C we have approx. these values:

cond. sali. densi.:
    51,0 33,5 1,0222

at 20°C
    51,1 37,6 1,0253

and all this depends on the combination of salts and some other aspects

-> I think that our calculation is correct, when you want to get more information about this topic then please use the search function, this all has been discussed many times here in the forum

No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.