Thread: Connection Problems etc........

Default Connection Problems etc........

Hi

Firstly - I've read all the threads on connection problems that I could find here on the forum, and elsewhere, but am still battling with issues.

Here's the rundown:

I upgraded from a profilux IIex to a IIIex a few months back. I immediatly ran into three issues following the upgrade:

Issue 1 - My water temperature reading fluctuates wildly (Can jump up to 0.7 C within a second, and hence causes my heating and cooling systems on my tank to turn on and off constantly (And that was with the filter setting set to strong). This was never an issue when I ran the profilux IIex, so I'm gusseing it's not the temp probe but something to do with the upgraded profilux hardware????

Issue 2 - Ever since I upgraded, I can no longer connect via WLAN using the Profilux Software (Yes the WLAN settings are correct, and I can ping the WLAN card etc...) It just drops the connection seconds after I connect.

Issue 3 - Again, a connection problem.. When I connect using the profilux provided USB cable it connects, but intermittently drops the connection, at times the connection can last 3 minutes, but most often it drops in under 60 seconds - Which means that it takes me several attempts to make a single change, and I have to rush to do it!

I've just lived with these issues for a while, but no longer feel that this is exceptable, as it's taken me ages to make a single change tonight.

Profilux.jpg

What can I do to resolve these issues? What are the next steps?

Regards
    Robbie

which FW and PLC are you runing ? plc in screenshot looks old

and you are using the internal lan connection of the P3 right , not the wlan addon from the P2ex ?
    the internal lan conn port has alot more features then the wlan card.
    So you should use the lan and then a w lan bridge.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 14.11.2010 at 07:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Angel View Post
    Issue 1 - My water temperature reading fluctuates wildly (Can jump up to 0.7 C within a second, and hence causes my heating and cooling systems on my tank to turn on and off constantly (And that was with the filter setting set to strong). This was never an issue when I ran the profilux IIex, so I'm gusseing it's not the temp probe but something to do with the upgraded profilux hardware????
    A power supply unit that is not working sufficiently anymore can cause such fluctuations of the temperature value.
    Perhaps you have the possibility to try another power supply, then you could test it.

concerning temp.: maybe there is a problem with the power supply as Carolin mentioned, in the worst case the upgrade has not be done properly (assembling the hardware or the temp.- calibration was not done according to the instructions)

connection: it seems you use an old firmware and a very old ProfiLuxControl version->please update
    and very important: use the correct and newest USB-driver!!!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi - I'm using 5.01 firmware, and 5.0.1.1 Profilux Control Software. I was using the WLAN connection to connect to the Profilux (The WLAN card has a built in serial adapter - That's how I used to configure the P2ex - Which worked fine).

It was working perfectly on my IIEX, and only stated acting up once i upgraded - Hence I don't think it's an issue with the power supply.
    Last edited by Emperor Angel; 15.11.2010 at 01:28.

Thanks Matthias, I have the lattest USB driver, but am reluctant to upgrade the firmware, as I've done it once already hoping for a resolution, but it didn't make any differance.

Myself and a friend did the upgrades on both his and my IIex's together on the same evening, his worked perfectly, mine had the issues as described above - So I doubt it's something we did wrong, as we followed the exact same procedures for them both.

we can't give you further help if you refuse to upgrade to the newest firmware because the current firmware and ProfiLuxControl fixed connection issues

power supply: P3 draws more power than PII - so it is not unlikely that problems with a bad power supply occured after the upgrade

I can't know if the update was done properly or not - if there is still a problem after updating and testing with another power supply then please ask your retailer for further assistance

to avoid problems with the P3 update kit we wanted that only authorized retailers are allowed to do this update, but a few distributors or retailers didn't work according to our policy
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.